Windows 7 INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR 0x000000A0

citrix

Extraordinary Member
I get INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR blue screen Stop: 0x000000A0 error when hibernate windows 7. could not find a solution.

I have followed the procedure in
Error when entering Hibernation on a Windows 7-based computer: “STOP 0x000000A0 INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (0x0000000B, 0x????????, 0x????????, 0x??????&#

I tried different numbers
C:\Users\Administrator>powercfg /hibernate /size 100
The hiberfile size has been set to: 4259360768 bytes.
C:\Users\Administrator>powercfg /hibernate /size 200
C:\Users\Administrator>powercfg /hibernate /size 300

the size does not change, still get blue screen. how to fix this ?

it did not create any dump. on the bottom, it stopped when say creating dump file.

I noticed even I tried to manually create a blue screen it does not create a dump file. on bottom of blue screen, it should count numbers, there is no numbers, it simply hang there, no files created.

kernal dump is enabled.

how to fix this ?

I noticed even I tried to manually create a blue screen it does not create a dump file. on bottom of blue screen, it should count numbers, there is no numbers, it simply hang there, no files created.

kernal dump is enabled.

how to fix this ?

Contol panel>system>Avanced system settings>advanced>startup and recovery settings

Make sure write debugging is enabled, its a pull down.

Refer to this thread regarding configuring your system for recording debugging information. http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html
also further down in that same thread there is some discussion as to the location of your swap/page file and whether or not it needs to be on your system drive to successfully create dump files. I don't want to restart an old argument, I'm just simply pointing this out for your consideration.

It's very difficult to say and that's why WinDbg is such a useful tool in exposing the problem. Have you done an exhaustive search of you hard drive for *.dmp files just in case they are being placed in an alternate location other than the default.
It's most likely a product of a problematic software package but this could be any thing from a recent driver update to an actual application that you've installed and or updated. So of course you could consider uninstalling anything like that or perhaps using device manager to roll back drivers but that process without having a specific cause is just hit and miss at best.
Assuming this is a laptop (otherwise why would you be using hibernation) you hardware options are limited. Of course disconnect any and all external devices (printers, hard drives, thumb drives, etc.) double check any user serviceable components (like reseat the memory).
Consider a system restore to a point prior the the problem first occuring if that is an option.
Run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt and see what that produces.
Hit the hard drive several times with a manual defrag.
Again from a command prompt run chkdsk C: /r reboot and let it finish all five stages and see if it reports any problems regarding bad sectors.
Other than that I'm not sure what other options are available.

this is a desktop. I did run chkdsk it finished all stage no error. I just tried diagnostic start, load basic device and service only, no start up application running. no blue screen this time, but power would not turn off after hibernate. what could be the problem here ?

Entirely up to you but personally I would re-assess my need to use the hibernate feature as a power saving option, especially when it's seems to be causing me nightmares. Hibernate is generally something you want a laptop to do when it runs low on available battery power, I would think that may a sleep function would be better for a desktop. Just one persons opinion.
Link Removed - Not Found
Link Removed - Not Found

i use it not of power saving but I want to resume the things on screen and get back to it later, especially overnight. I want turn off the pc and resume the stuff next day.

Back
Top Bottom