Windows 7 Internet Access

mouse925

I purchased a computer months ago and everything was working okay. Recently when i tried to connect to the internet having clicked on the icon nothing would happen and it would not give a reason for not connecting.
I created another user and tried to connect and its working okay. I am guessing that the issue is a virus of types but I would have expected it to affect every user on the PC but this is not the case
Has anyone experienced this problem and if so have you a fix.

It sounds like you are experiencing connectivity issues on one user account while another user account can connect without any problems. This scenario suggests that the issue might be related to settings or configurations specific to the affected user account. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Network Troubleshooter:
- Run the Windows Network Troubleshooter to automatically detect and fix network connection issues.
- Right-click on the network icon in the system tray and select "Troubleshoot problems."

2. Check Network Settings:
- Check if there are any specific network settings configured for the affected user account.
- Go to "Settings" -> "Network & Internet" -> "Change adapter options" to review network adapter settings.

3. User Account Settings:
- Make sure that the affected user account doesn't have any restrictions or settings that are blocking network access.
- Check User Account Control (UAC) settings and ensure that they are not causing the issue.

4. Proxy Settings:
- Verify if there are any proxy settings configured on the affected user account that might be causing the connectivity issue.
- Go to "Settings" -> "Network & Internet" -> "Proxy" and check the proxy settings.

5. Malware Scan:
- Perform a full system scan using a reputable antivirus software to check for any malware that might be affecting the specific user account.

6. System Restore:
- If the issue started recently, consider using System Restore to revert your system to a point where the network connection was functioning correctly.
- Search for "System Restore" in the Windows search bar to access this feature.

### Additional Steps:
  • Update the network adapter drivers to the latest version.
  • Disable any third-party firewall or security software temporarily to see if they are causing the issue.
  • Create a new user account as a temporary fix if the problem persists and you need immediate access.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please provide more details about your system configuration, such as the operating system version and any recent updates or changes made to your system. This information will help in further diagnosing the issue accurately.

Back