Windows Vista internet connection disappears after some time using it

romaxltu

i have problem with my internet connection ... it disappears when i am not using for a longer period of time , e.g. yesterday i left my pc on to download a movie and this morning i found out that internet is not working - i cant go to web sites , downloads stopped and all other stuff ... however , all indicators shows me that internet connection is on and work properly ... so , if i want to use internet again i have to reboot my laptop each time ... i currently using internet through ethernet connection ... 3 month ago , i didnt have this problem , but now it almost drives my crazy ... so , guys , help me , cause im sick and tired of rebooting my pc each time i want to use internet ... im using win vista home premium , 32 bit , wireless broadband modem ... plz , help me and thnx in advance ..

Have you run any anti-spyware or anti-virus? Also clean your temporary files out using disk clean..

to Celestra : thnx ill try it ...
to kemical : im using norton 360 anti-virus ... thnx for advice ...

Celestra , its not a problem with hibernation , cause i done all tips u gave me and it happened again ... any other suggestion ???

The only other thing I can think of to suggest is go to your control panel, click on system and maintenance, power options, choose a power plan and go through to the advanced options by clicking on the little blue writing 'change plan settings', then click 'change advanced power settings' you'll then see a box which you have to go through making sure you keep anything from hibernating or going to sleep..

Celestra , its not a problem with hibernation , cause i done all tips u gave me and it happened again ... any other suggestion ???
There's a possible loss of wireless connectivity due to hardware failure. I've heard of problems with the Belkin Wireless Card Disconnecting, also the Belkin Router. Far fetched ? Not at all, I have my notebook set so that it never sleeps. I unplug it from the wall and go battery. After about a day and a half, I'm down 5% on power. I'm always nursing my downloads because if I walk away and it goes to a screen saver, it suddenly disconnects from the Internet. If I stop that function, that won't happen, and I'm currently using dial-up. I believe it might be something to due with the wireless card, maybe the wireless card itself, because I also require special Internet service. If it's not that, it's some little part. You might try investing your wireless set-up, going over possible causes for disconnection. This has saved a few disconnects for me.... see below

Back
Top Bottom