Windows 7 Internet connection

fginsburg

Seems that when I try and hit some sites I get the connection manager poping up and trying to connect? when I cancell it the browser seems to get to where it waas going. is this a driver issue? do I need different drivers for my NIC?

Solution
The issue you're experiencing with the connection manager popping up when you try to access certain websites could be related to your Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue: 1. Update NIC Drivers: - Outdated or incorrect network drivers can cause such issues. Try updating your network adapter drivers to see if that resolves the problem. - You can update drivers through Device Manager on Windows. Right-click on the Start button, select "Device Manager," expand the "Network adapters" section, right-click on your network adapter, and choose "Update driver." 2. Check Network Settings: - Make sure your network settings are configured correctly. A...
The issue you're experiencing with the connection manager popping up when you try to access certain websites could be related to your Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue: 1. Update NIC Drivers: - Outdated or incorrect network drivers can cause such issues. Try updating your network adapter drivers to see if that resolves the problem. - You can update drivers through Device Manager on Windows. Right-click on the Start button, select "Device Manager," expand the "Network adapters" section, right-click on your network adapter, and choose "Update driver." 2. Check Network Settings: - Make sure your network settings are configured correctly. A misconfiguration could lead to connection manager issues. - Check if there are any specific settings related to your network adapter that might be causing this behavior. 3. Disable Connection Manager: - If the connection manager is causing the problem, you can try disabling it. This can often be done in the settings of the connection manager software or in the network settings of your computer. 4. Scan for Malware: - Sometimes malware can cause network-related issues. Perform a thorough scan of your system using reliable antivirus software to rule out malware as a potential cause. 5. Reset Network Settings: - Resetting your network settings to default can sometimes resolve network connectivity issues. This can be done through the Windows Network reset feature. 6. Test with Different Browser: - Try accessing the same websites using a different browser to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is browser-specific. If updating the drivers and checking network settings do not resolve the issue, it might be a good idea to seek further assistance to diagnose the root cause of the problem. Also, ensure that your system is updated with the latest Windows updates as these can sometimes contain fixes for such issues.

Solution