Windows 7 Internet Disconnects when I open a Game

GioSpy

I'm using a wireless connection that works fine but when I open a game, the internet disconnects and I can't seem to be able to reconnect it unless I exit out of the game. Please help me!

Solution
It sounds like your game might be causing some conflicts with your wireless connection. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve this issue: 1. Check Game Settings: - Sometimes games have settings that might interfere with your network connection. Check if there are any network-related settings in the game that could be causing the disconnect. 2. Update Network Drivers: - Ensure your network drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues. You can update them through Device Manager in Windows. 3. Power Management Settings: - Check your power management settings for your wireless adapter. Sometimes, power-saving settings can interfere with network connections while...
It sounds like your game might be causing some conflicts with your wireless connection. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve this issue: 1. Check Game Settings: - Sometimes games have settings that might interfere with your network connection. Check if there are any network-related settings in the game that could be causing the disconnect. 2. Update Network Drivers: - Ensure your network drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues. You can update them through Device Manager in Windows. 3. Power Management Settings: - Check your power management settings for your wireless adapter. Sometimes, power-saving settings can interfere with network connections while gaming. You can adjust these settings in Device Manager as well. 4. Firewall/Antivirus: - Your firewall or antivirus software might be blocking the game's connection to the internet. Try temporarily disabling them to see if that resolves the issue. 5. Network Congestion: - If multiple devices are using the same network, network congestion could be a problem. Try prioritizing your gaming device on the network or reduce the number of devices connected while gaming. 6. Network Troubleshooter: - Run the Windows Network Troubleshooter to see if it can detect and fix any network issues automatically. 7. Reset Router: - Sometimes a simple router reset can resolve connectivity problems. Unplug your router, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in. 8. Check Game Forums: - Look up the specific game forums or support pages to see if others have experienced similar issues and if there are known solutions. Try these steps and see if they help resolve your issue. If the problem persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance!

Solution
Back