Windows 7 Internet Explorer "Not Responding" then BSOD

TomG628

Hi,
While watching a Youtube Video I suddenly got a garbled screeching sound then some pauses. My mouse then locked up, and I tried Ctl/Alt/Delete to get to the Task Mgr but could not bring it up. Suddenly I then got the Blue Screen. I have 12 gig memory so I didn't think that was the problem, my memory tested fine with the Windows memory tester, and my drivers are updated. I have Win 7 64 bit SP 1. Thanks. Tom

Tom,

Please, tell me about your security...AV, AM & firewall

I take it the machine is back up & running.

Did it say anything about recovering from a fatal error?

OR about a vid card driver error that caused a shutdown/resestart?

Thanks

Drew

Last edited:
Tom,

Please, tell me about your security...AV, AM & firewall

I take it the machine is back up & running.

Did it say anything about recovering from a fatal error?

OR about a vid card driver error that caused a shutdown/resestart?

Thanks

Drew

Hi Drew,
Thanks for the help. My video card is a GTX-275 1792 mb. I am a big Flight Sim FSX user so I rolled back the driver to a recommended earlier one because the most recent ones were causing strange video issues with the sim. I have had no problems with the older driver. (8.17.12.7061)

My AV is ESET Nod 32, and I also have Malwarebytes. The only thing unusual is I had just completed a session of FSX using a complex aircraft. I had exited the sim and went into Youtube. Normally I do a system restart after using FSX but this time I did not. I don't know if that would have an effect. Thanks again, Tom

Back