Windows 7 Internet Issues

TTech08

OK. I'm completely stumped. I've tried everything I could think of.

Here's my issues: It started last Tuesday, the 22nd of February:

IE 8 became extremely unstable, crashes constantly (upgraded to IE 9 Beta still didn't solve the issue)

So I installed FireFox. And here's what happens. My browsers won't let me buffer video's online. It just sits at "1%" and does nothing.
I also can go to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and look at my internet connection. It sometimes says I have 5 or sometimes 60+ Mbps...which is insane because it's only supposed to be 15 Mbps. The reading of the speed is extremely jumpy too. Like the download isn't smooth.
The other thing is occasionally it will randomly work, like everything works fine videos buffer etc. The second I shut down firefox and restart the program the issue returns.

I've started in safe mode and the issue is gone. I've updated every driver I could think of, I've run AVG anti-virus, NOD32 anti-virus, Windows Malware removal, Malware Bytes and Ad-Aware and nothing is showing up as far as a virus is concerned.

I've installed about 3 different versions of flash and checked every single Windows 7 service and programs that are running.

I'm pulling my hair out. My computer is acting like my internet is running through a program that is regulating the internet.

I also can't find anyone that has had this problem before. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please.

Here's what I'm running:

Windows 7 32 bit.

Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTS

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHZ

2.00 GB memory

Hi

I'd start by running SuperAntSpyware to make sure your computer is clean of any kind of malware.

Download SuperAntiSpyware 4.49.1000 - FileHippo.com

I've found that it finds things that Malwarebytes doesn't some times.

The fact that this doesn't happen in Safe Mode makes me think that some malware loads normally that doesn't in Safe Mode.
You may want to run it in safe mode.

Check your LAN settings and make sure that it is set to "Select automatically". Some Malware changes this.

Try using Google Chrome for your browser and see what happens.

Mike

Last edited:
Back