Windows Vista Internet Problems.

Crump

I successfully installed 7 and am quite happy with it, however when ever my internet on the pc cuts out every 10 minuets and the only way to make it work is reset my network adapter! any ideas, i think i have a NVIDIA nForce networking controller...

Hello Crump and welcome to Windows7forums! :)

You could try searching for a different driver for you network adapter... try using the Vista one as Win 7 is supposed to be compatible with all Vista Drivers.. if that doesn't work and there isn't a Windows 7 specific driver available yet then you'll just have to wait until one is released and live with the problem in the meantime... ;) or go back to Vista for now... but I wouldn't do that until all other options have been exhausted first..

I got exactly the same behavior. Think their new powersaving-mode for wlan is causing it...

I have an intel WLAN-Chip... (notebook)

I am actually testing some settings in the driver... hope I'll find a fix....

The only way to change it is to disable powersaving mode.
To do this, go to Power Options in Control Panel, create a new power plan, and then save it.
Then, edit that plan, and click advanced.
Go to Wireless Adaptor and PCI Express and disable the options within.

I have this same problem and the power saving option was already turned off. I also have a nvidia nforce network controller. I lose connection most often when I'm using a lot of bandwidth and then I have to reset the adapter like the OP, but it's happened even when I'm not using a lot of bandwidth. How can I fix this besides putting vista back on my machine or buying a network card?

I successfully installed 7 and am quite happy with it, however when ever my internet on the pc cuts out every 10 minuets and the only way to make it work is reset my network adapter! any ideas, i think i have a NVIDIA nForce networking controller...

Where is the setting to reset the adapter?

cause.... tasks

Where is the setting to reset the adapter?

Most internet connection disconnect (while online ) are caused by tasks (in the task manager) (or services) that are sending reports to microsoft about system status.

Most internet connection disconnect (while online ) are caused by tasks (in the task manager) (or services) that are sending reports to microsoft about system status.

Duhh... I mean task SCHEDULER manager... not task manager... I'm watching Alabama whooping KY... nice drive Bama!
..and nice runback from the fumble recovery.

Anyway, I'm realizing that about half my post here are falling off the deepend and not showing up. Something needs tweaking in this message forum.

*****new drivers released*****

I have fixed it, I believe!!!! Nvidia released new Ethernet drivers today (10/6/09) for windows 7 64bit, not sure about 32 bit. Anyways I have been able to torrent when before it would cut out every 4 minutes. It has not cut out yet and its been going longer than ever, it even reconnects the signal automatically when I reset my router. So simply go to Nvidia.com and get the new drivers, if this does not work I am sorry but for me it did.

I have the Asus p5b-plus with the Atheros L1 gigabit adapter and I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. I was getting frequent disconnects when transferring large files over the network or downloading torrents. This required me to run through the troubleshooter each time to allow it to work temporarily again.

I fixed this by going into the driver properties panel> Advanced> Task Offload> Off. After it reset I was running fine.

Found a solution - Windows 7 DHCP internet problem

I faced this problem. My laptop has Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS with Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet. My DHCP internet was working fine until sometime and it stopped working all of a sudden. I have an other laptop which has Windows XP in it. When I connected the internet cable to that laptop, it worked fine. So, I looked up on internet to resolve the issue on my Windows 7 laptop for 3 days so far. I tried everything from disabling windows firewall and uninstalling my antivirus software. I came across this - "How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" article on Microsoft Support website.

I applied the Microsoft Fix it 50199. In that article, though it is not mentioned that it can be applied for Windows 7, I gave it a try and it did magic after I applied the fix and restarted the laptop. Its getting connected to internet.

Srikanth
Hyderabad

Re: Found a solution - Windows 7 DHCP internet problem

Here is an update to what I wrote earlier. The Microsoft Fix it 50199 worked only once for me. This problem is repeating over and again.

Re: Found a solution - Windows 7 DHCP internet problem

Have you applied "Windows 7" updates for your router? (Check with the manufacturer) You might want to check to see if your router is compatible with Windows 7.

Back