Windows Vista Internet

reaply

Hello, when I try to use my broadband connection it will ask me to login and which windows XP never did (I have just installed 7 last night) and I belive my ISP never gave me any of that information. And I am currently using a wireless connection right now.

ISP=Comcast

No it is a modem it should be "plug and play" like with the enthernet cable. But it askes me to log in to my account, which I never got one. And I like said, XP never asked for that.

Can you get into Windows at all if so could you provide a screen shot?

Do you have multiple accounts setup?

Have you tried resetting the modem?

Did this occur immediately after installation or did you make any major changes to your machine?

2mmwv0x.png

I;ve never seen anything like that before for a broadband connection.,.

It looks like the old style dial-up modem login box:confused:

You really don't have to setup anything Windows does that on insatll.

It should have automatically identifies your broadband connection.

I would delete that connect,. go to Network an sharing ands make sure the wired adapter is enabled.

You need to enable the nForce connection.

There should be an update for it in Windows Update as I have the same one on one of my computers.

Enable or disable a network adapter

You need a network adapter to connect a computer to a network. You can disconnect your computer from a network by disabling your network adapter, and you can sometimes solve connection problems by disabling and then re-enabling the adapter.

1. Right-click the network adapter, and then do one of the following:
    • To disable the network adapter, click Disable. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • To enable the network adapter, click Enable. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    The network adapter menu

If you disable the adapter, you have to enable it again to connect to a network.
    Note
    • Your computer might have more than one network adapter. Each adapter is listed next to the name of the network connection that uses it. Make sure that you select the correct adapter.

Still does not work. Would my enthernet card need a driver? Because I heard there is alot of problems with windows 7 drivers.

Sorry im just abit impatient because I have alot of stuff to do on windows and have been doing this since I have woken up.

When you right-click on local area connection,. you have different choices.

Did you disable the one that you created.?

I also noticed a wireless connection also.

You stated you just had a modem not a router.'

This needs disabled also.

Back