Windows 7 invisible errors

paradive

today my machine started making the bell sounds (like when Windows throws some various error) CONSTANTLY!

no errors show up.
just that sound. literally every 2 or 3 seconds!

​is there a way to see what the hell is happening???

Does it happen even if it is not being used?

You might try watching Task Manager to see if it shows some process taking CPU time when the chime occurs.

You might check the Event Viewer to see if any errors are showing up consistently.

Check and make sure all your connections are secure to any external devices? Any devices need a battery replaced?

Does it happen even if it is not being used?

You might try watching Task Manager to see if it shows some process taking CPU time when the chime occurs.

You might check the Event Viewer to see if any errors are showing up consistently.

Check and make sure all your connections are secure to any external devices? Any devices need a battery replaced?

it turned out to have been a loose USB connection.

but before i discovered that, i tried the event viewer, but need to know.......... where should i have been looking in there? it doesn't seem to give any real info.

The Event Viewer may or may not help. Many times problems are accompanied by repeating errors that may describe the situation in a way that might help someone track it down. So in the Event Viewer, you go to the errors and see if anything is showing multiple instances of a problem and even check when they are occurring. If you double click the error, another page shows up that will give a two or three line description of what caused the error. The message may contain devices, or utilities or error codes that can be used.

If there are no errors that seem relevant, you might also check the warnings to see if anything there is showing up that could be related.

There have actually been a couple of times when I sent the info to Microsoft, they actually had a fix. I almost fell out of my chair! :)

Glad you found the problem.

The Event Viewer may or may not help. Many times problems are accompanied by repeating errors that may describe the situation in a way that might help someone track it down. So in the Event Viewer, you go to the errors and see if anything is showing multiple instances of a problem and even check when they are occurring. If you double click the error, another page shows up that will give a two or three line description of what caused the error. The message may contain devices, or utilities or error codes that can be used.

If there are no errors that seem relevant, you might also check the warnings to see if anything there is showing up that could be related.

There have actually been a couple of times when I sent the info to Microsoft, they actually had a fix. I almost fell out of my chair! :)

Glad you found the problem.

that's the problem. there is no "errors".

Back