Windows 7 Invisible files

steve6

Hi all. I did a download upgrade to Win 7 on my Vista machine. It went extremely smoothly, and I love Win 7 so far.

Except:

I had been using a program called Magic Folders with Vista. This is an app that hides folders of your choice, even encrypts the files therein if you want.

When I first ran it under Win 7, I got an error about a missing file upon bootup. It recommended a restart, which I did. The app still showed the files as hidden, so I checked the option to unhide them.............and now they remain invisible. They're just not "there," although I know they're on the hard drive. A whopping 50GB of them in two folders.

Scott Chaney at PC Magic (one of the good guys, totally responsive) suggested turning off antivirus and changing folder optons to show everything. But it didn't work. They should be seen in the documents folder under my account, but they're not.

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks in advance.

I found 'em, sort of

I found another executable for magic folders in the windows directory..........the files are at c:\$windows~QDATA\users\dad\Documents

how do I navigate there and get them into the regular documents folder under the dad user account?

Back