Windows 7 Invisible submenus in Favorites Menu

SKR

The submenus in the Favorites menu usually show as the outlline of the box that contains the menu items but infrequently nothing at all. Accidentally got the contents to show just a few minutes ago but have been unable to recreate. Can scroll within an invisible box, see the urls and navigate from there; however, it's quite irksome and not at all acceptable to another less patient member of our family. Just now tried again and got solid grey boxes, although there was one attempt that elicited the proper text. Anyone else having a similar problem?

You could try rebuilding it via the customize menu (see screenshot)? Just untick the box, reboot and re-enable the Favourites menu.
If that doesn't work, right-click on command prompt and run as administrator, then type:

sfc /scannow

and hit enter.. If the system file checker finds anything it will attempt to repair it..

Thank you...

I have tried both but nothing wrong was found from the scan and the first suggestion only works part of the time. It's not as though I can't get used to the explorer bar version for now. I'm just spoiled, I guess! I appreciate your time.

Have you tried right clicking the "Favourites" and selecting some of the options in "customise"?

Hmm.... did you upgrade or do a clean install?

Also are you running with any security like anti virus and anti spyware?

Back