Windows 7 IPCONFIG DNS info

borate

Enter "ipconfig" at the command prompt and CONNECTION-SPECIFIC DNS SUFFIX info will be listed.

Where in Windows 7 is that DNS suffix info configured? Thanks.

Because they are "Connection Specific" they are likely passed on to you by your "Connection", that is to say your provider and or their specific DNS servers.

Thanks for the tip. Solution was to insert ISP domain name in the IPv4 "DNS for this connection" field.

Wow, don't believe that I have ever had to do that.
Were you having a problem and taking those steps resolved it for you? If so can you describe the nature of the problem, was it with a particular application, or game of some sort? It might prove beneficial for other members and visitors to have some additional information if you feel like contributing.
Thanks
Randy

Hello Randy,

This was mostly an annoyance, as a time-out warning would be generated in Event Viewer at each reconnect - boot up, for example.
No programs or processes were adversely impacted, as far as I know. The ISP tracked it down.

While their tech details are beyond my expertise to describe, I recall their comment that they saw this only with an Actiontec router.

Ok, thanks for the followup. Just always like to have the details if possible in case we see something like this again.
Regards
Randy

Back