Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bernardg51

Hello,

I've been having this error for the past 2 weeks now. It never happened before.
I have joined the W7F .zip file.
How can I fix this?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• W7F_03-09-2016.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 298
Hi Bernard,
I'm just debugging your dump files and will post the results shortly. :)

Hi,
unfortunately i'm still having issues although I can see that some dumps are graphics related. Please remove your current graphics driver using this application:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.1.0 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum
This is the Display Driver Uninstaller and not only removes the driver but anything else left behind by previous installs.
Once your back into Windows (you need to be in safe mode to use the DDU) install the latest driver found here:
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.3 Release Notes

You also have quite a few crashes due to Desktop Windows Manager or DWM.exe. Please run these scans and hopefully clear any corruption within the os:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

The only thing I couldn't find was the name of your motherboard. Try the above and see how you go. I shall be back in a few hours so will check on any updates you may have posted.
Post any new dump files.

Thanks, I'll try this as soon as possible and will keep you updated.

EDIT:
I have used DDU to uninstall my graphics drivers and have reinstalled the ones you linked above.
I also entered the two commands you posted in the Admin Command Prompt. They both executed successfully (sfc did find some corrupted values but was able to fix them).

As for my motherboard, it is an Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0.

I'll post any new dump file should the BSOD occur again.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well it didn't take long!
You'll find the dump and info files in the .zip archive.

Attachments

• W7F_03-09-2016.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 293
Hi Bernard,
apologies I haven't got back to you yet. My debugger is acting most odd and it's now so late I need to hit the hay. I'll look at this issue again with fresh eyes in the morning. Once again sorry about the mess around.

Morning Bernard,
looking at this issue again so will hopefully post back shortly.

Hi Bernard,
my debugger is still playing up so have used other apps to view the dump. This unfortunately limit's my capabilities to detect issues but nothing seems to stand out so far apart from the fact your running Avast AV suite.
We normally ask that third party security applications be removed as they can cause issues on the odd occasion. So please remove Avast and just use the on board Windows Defender which i might add is much improved,
Many of us here run Defender and Malwarebytes together as it's a very effective format and i would ask you at least run a scan of Malwarebytes:
Malwarebytes (it's free)
Also can you remember if you installed anything new, hardware or software, around the time the bsod's started?

Do the bsod's occur randomly or when your doing something specific?

Please post any new dump files.

I've just uninstalled Avast, Windows Defender automatically took over after a restart.
I've run a scan of Malwarebytes and Defender, my computer looks clean.

I didn't install any new hardware, except from a new fan-heatsink. This was because my computer had two shutdowns the week before because the CPU overheated. Could a damaged CPU cause this error?
As for softwares, I installed NOX Android emulator but quickly uninstalled it as it couldn't do what I wanted it to.

The BSOD's have happened while I was watching a movie (once through streaming, the other directly from the SSD), while playing video games or just browsing the internet. So, quite random from what I can tell.

I'll post anything new that happens.

It just did it again.
I was just starting to watch something on Netflix. My computer has been on since this morning.

Attachments

• W7F_04-09-2016.zip
    2 MB · Views: 290
Hi Bernard,
can you check on your system temperatures for me please. This application is probably the best for monitoring temperatures: HWiNFO64

Ideally you want two readings, one from when the cpu is idle and the other from the CPU running at 100%

Your motherboard support page has some recent driver versions for Windows 10. Please go through the list and update all drivers particularly chipset and LAN:
M5A99FX PRO R2.0 - Support

I've finally realised what is wrong with my debugger. This is a new debugger especially for windows 10 and it seems to want to download all the symbol packages which is taking some time (which I mistook as an issue). So apologies once again for this mess around and hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly.. :D

I've been already running Open Hardware Monitor all day, just to see.
The CPU idle temperature is around 30°C and the max has been 44.3°C while playing Battlefield 1 on Ultra settings.

I'm downloading the drivers and will install them in a moment.

No problem, I've also been working with debuggers in the past. I know they can be tricky sometimes! ;)

New motherboard drivers have been installed. I'll let you know of anything new.
If this is it, then I'd like to say: thank you very much for your help!

Hi Bernard,
I was just about to post too.. :) It does appear that every dump file is a Bugcheck A. This bugcheck is usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS. I think the only thing we haven't looked at is your Bios and i would recommend that if the bsod continues then please check for any bios updates via your motherboard support page.
My debugger is still not working as it should and once i do get it working properly I'll check your dumps again in case anything was missed. Hope all goes well and please post back if issues crop up again. :)

Well, here we go again!
It's the third time this happens while I'm watching something on Netflix, about 2 minutes in the video.

Attachments

• W7F_05-09-2016.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 282
Back
Top Bottom