Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi Bernard,
try updating your gpu driver again. This time go back a few versions, in fact did this bsod start after you'd installed new gpu drivers? I only ask because I see dxgmms1.sys as a culprit in quite a few dumps. This page gives you access to recent releases and if you know of a version which worked well it should be here:
Videocards - ATI Catalyst Windows 7 | 8 | 10

See if you can update the Broadcom driver for the Network:
https://www.broadcom.com/application/ethernet_nic.php
I noticed your original driver dated from 2013.

Hey Kemical,
I'll try this tomorrow as I'm a bit busy today.
The more I think about it, the more I think it's indeed graphics related because it happens mostly when I launch a video (streaming or not).

As for the Broadcom driver, I can't seem to find my device ID in the table.
Mine looks like this:
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_85051043&REV_09\4&9B80F17&0&00AB
The table only goes from 1600 to 1713. Besides, 10EC is apparently not Broadcom's manufacturer ID (I'd think it's rather Realtek). Am I missing something?

Hi Bernard,
You do have Realtek lan drivers too but checking your driver notes I saw Broadcom drivers. Check in your Programs section and if it's there and you no longer use it, remove it.

Hello Kemical,
I've rolled back to version 15.12 of the AMD drivers (the last 15.xx before the 16.xx series) and it also fixed another problem that I had (no overscan/underscan control with version 16.xx).

Let's see how this goes.

Also, I've found no trace of any Broadcom drivers on my computer (at least, not on the system SSD).

Sounds promising... Well after 2 days of trying to get this new debugger to work properly I've just about had it. I'm going to contact a few friends and see if anyone has a 8.1 version.
Let me know how's things go and good luck!

Well, I was really hopeful. I didn't get any BSOD yesterday, up until now.

I think I can say it definitely happens a few seconds/minutes after starting to watch a video.

Attachments

• W7F_07-09-2016.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 260
Hi Bernard,
sorry to hear the issue is still around. I'll have a look at the dumps and post back shortly.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {20, 2, 0, fffff8032a106503}

Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::SetPowerComponentActiveCBWorker+2b0 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi Bernard,
I finally managed to get the Windows 10 Debugger to work properly and it was just a case of waiting for all the symbols to download. I must say the new debugger has lot's of neat tricks but anyway back to the dump file.
I can now debug your dump files properly and it soon became clear that the issue may lay with the card itself:
Capture.JPG

The diagram above shows the Call Stack (a record of the last instructions and commands issued by the system). You can see that DXGAdapter appears which is most likely your graphics card.
Code:
PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS:  AV_dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::SetPowerComponentActiveCBWorker
Above is another section of the dump file again pointing to the card as an issue.

I keep forgetting to ask you to do this but please update your Direct X files in case yours have become corrupted:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/179113

Try running Furmark and check on the cards temperature often. If the card crashes within a short space of time then the issue could be down to overheating or a power issue.
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Can you post the make and model of your PSU please. If your PSU is lacking in power you will get symptoms similar to yours.

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 10:54:47 2012: Asus PCProbe Utility

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 03:47:59 2010: ASUS hardware monitoring software related

Both of the above apps can be found on the motherboard page but I would ask that you simply remove them for now

Finally is there a way you could test the card in a friends machine? See if watching a movie will bring on a bsod..

Hi Bernard,
Jumping in here; hope you don't mind Ross. ;)
Would it be possible for you to buy a lower-end GPU card such as this card from the Recommended Build list I have available used on ebay for under $200 to test your Mobo with: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 DirectX 12 02G-P4-296-KR 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0

Of course it would be easier if you have a friend's gaming PC that will take your GPU card to test with as kemical suggests. But, if that's not an available option, you can buy this 2GB gaming card and plug it in and see if the BSOD problem abates. If it does, problem solved! :up: That's certainly cheaper than buying a new Mobo, which might require a new CPU, RAM sticks, PSU, case, etc. essentially an entire rebuild of several hundred dollars to solve this problem. It's also cheaper than taking it to your local repair shop and paying them to find your problem. And if it does turn out to be a bad GPU card you now have, that diagnosis and/or repair could cost more than this used GPU card. ($155 on ebay).

Just a thought if you don't get anywhere with it.:lightbulb:

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hmm user may have moved on or found the fix elsewhere or perhaps currently busy but I'm still hoping he'll post back with some results.

Hello,
Sorry, I had a quite busy week and couldn't post these past few days.

@kemical :

My DirectX files seem to be OK as Windows Update says that everything is up to date, and apparently there's no other way to update DX 12.0.
I ran FurMark. The temperature rose to a very stable 70°C and there was no problem at all. I also checked the cables that are plugged into my Graphics Card, everything seem to be in order.

My PSU is a Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 (800W), so I believe it is quite capable of running my whole setup.
I have removed the ASUS monitoring apps.
I've had the BSOD again while watching YouTube or Netflix.

I will be able to test my card in a friend's computer but not immediately.

@BIGBEARJEDI :

Thanks for the idea, I'll keep that in mind.
I should be able to test my card in a friend's computer soon, but not immediately.
I've been thinking for some months now if I should buy a new graphics card. If it is the source of the problem, then I won't need another reason!

Anyway, I'll let you guys know how things evolve here.

Hello,
Sorry, I had a quite busy week and couldn't post these past few days.

@kemical :

My DirectX files seem to be OK as Windows Update says that everything is up to date, and apparently there's no other way to update DX 12.0.
I ran FurMark. The temperature rose to a very stable 70°C and there was no problem at all. I also checked the cables that are plugged into my Graphics Card, everything seem to be in order.

My PSU is a Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 (800W), so I believe it is quite capable of running my whole setup.
I have removed the ASUS monitoring apps.
I've had the BSOD again while watching YouTube or Netflix.

I will be able to test my card in a friend's computer but not immediately.
Hi Bernard,
Thank you for the update. If you have any new dump files then please upload them. The more we see the better really...

Re' Temperature and PSU. As you say these are fine and well within parameters..

As I said any new dumps then please post.

Hi kemical,

I've just got the BSOD again.
I've uploaded the dumps.

As I said in my previous post, if we can confirm that the graphics card is the culprit, then I'll certainly upgrade to a new one.

Attachments

• W7F_11-09-2016.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 257
Code:

BugCheck A, {20, 2, 0, fffff8025ab66503}

Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::SetPowerComponentActiveCBWorker+2b0 )

Hi Bernard,
let's try and rule out some other 'possibles' while we wait for you to test the card in a friends machine.

pwdrvio.sys Tue Jun 16 02:43:45 2009: MiniTool Partition Wizard please update or remove.

Your sound card is a little old or at least the drivers are and I wonder if the actual issue lays with the sound card and not the gpu (all completely possible with dump files). Sometimes the real issue can be masked by red herrings and it's just a case of testing to find the culprit. Please remove the M-Audio sound device and driver then test. Try running Netflicks and see if the bsod occurs.

If the bsod is still around then please create a recovery disk or drive.
How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10

Once you have the above run the driver verifier. If the verifier causes a boot loop use the above recovery key to boot from and enter safe mode to turn the verifier off. The culprit will hopefully be caught on the dump files.
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

Post any new dump files.

Hi,

I'll try uninstalling the audio card and its drivers tonight.
It's an older card but it's been very good at doing what I wanted it to. The downside being that there hasn't been a new version of the drivers since Windows Vista, or early Windows 7.

In the mean time, I have uploaded the latest dump files, from this morning.

I'll keep you updated.

Attachments

• W7F_12-09-2016.zip
    3 MB · Views: 282
Hello,

I just had the BSOD again. This time, the M-Audio soundcard was not in the PC and the drivers were uninstalled.
I'm joining the dump files.

Attachments

• W7F_14-09-2016.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 338
Code:

BugCheck A, {20, 2, 0, fffff80380d66543}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl+1b9f4 )

Hi,
this driver still seems to be installed:

pwdrvio.sys Tue Jun 16 02:43:45 2009: MiniTool Partition Wizard please update or remove.

If the bsod is still around then please create a recovery disk or drive.
How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10

Once you have the above run the driver verifier. If the verifier causes a boot loop use the above recovery key to boot from and enter safe mode to turn the verifier off. The culprit will hopefully be caught on the dump files.
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

Please post any new dump files..

I also forgot to ask you that if your connection between monitor and gpu is HDMI please swap over to DVI if possible. See if it makes a difference.

Hello kemical,

I have now removed MiniTool Partition Wizard.

I've been running the verifier since yesterday morning but the BSOD hasn't occured yet.
However, I'm not sure how I can get the dump files from the verifier. Should I just run W7F Diagnostic Tool after the BSOD?

Also, my PC monitor is connected through DVI but me TV is only in HDMI.

I have now removed MiniTool Partition Wizard.
Great stuff.
I've been running the verifier since yesterday morning but the BSOD hasn't occured yet.
If after 24hrs you still don't have a bsod event then turn the verifier off.

I'm not sure how I can get the dump files from the verifier. Should I just run W7F Diagnostic Tool after the BSOD?
Yes that's fine.

Ok well as a few drivers have been removed let's see how you run. If a bsod occurs please post.

Back