IRQL_not_less_or_equal

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Twilit Soul, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Twilit Soul

Twilit Soul New Member

I brought it out of sleep mode and it crashed. Really, that's all that I can say. Hit power button. Saw login screen for just a moment [I think? It's all a blur!], then the bluescreen. I attached all the relevant files listed in that sticky thread, I believe. I've been having issues with my wireless adapter lately but I can't find a newer driver version...if that info matters *shrug*

Attached Files:

2. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Honorable Member
    Microsoft MVP

Memory corruption probably caused by a driver. please run these two tests

1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

2-Driver verifier

3. Twilit Soul

Twilit Soul New Member

Oy...well, before that, I want to mention that I've manually installed two RAM sticks from Crucial. You can see them in the CPU-Z tabs. I also moved my original RAM stick to a different slot for a reason I don't remember. Do you think one of them might be slightly loose? Or that maybe the two RAM sticks I bought don't get along with the third stick? I'm basically trying to avoid finding two blank DVD's...I'm a college student without a way to get to a store for some days at the moment.

4. Elmer

Elmer Extraordinary Member

Personally I'd remove the odd stick of ram. Ideally your RAM should be matched. Same Manufacturer, Type, Model, Size, Batch, Timings, Etc. Preferably bought as a matched set.

DriverVerifier is a windows utility already on your machine so no disc required.

I'm unsure whether Memtest86+ can be run from a usb just in case you had one available.