Is 7 susposed to be cooler than XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhmac77

Windows 7 runs about 10-15 degrees C hotter than XP. I have a M2A-VM ASUS motherboard. When I ran Win 7 RC for quite a while it seemed cooler. It has quite and cool AMD technology!
After researching cool and quiet AMD tech., turning the power options to the lowest power level is better but not perfect. Less time spent above 50 degrees C.

Last edited:
what??????????????????????????? that doesn't make any sense. you might want to read your post
before posting it. xp sucks! i wouldn't use xp on my computer, even if they offered to pay me to use it. using xp, is like going back to the stone age. get a grip.

what??????????????????????????? that doesn't make any sense. you might want to read your post
before posting it. xp sucks! i wouldn't use xp on my computer, even if they offered to pay me to use it. using xp, is like going back to the stone age. get a grip.

You, good sir, are a moron. Next time try to actually answer the person's question and help them. YOU might want to read YOUR post before posting it.

Now in regards to the original post, I'm sorry jhmac77 that this twat over here had to reply to your post like that >_> I'm assuming you're running RTM now? It might feel like it's making your computer hotter than the RC, but there are a lot of factors that can lead to a hot computer. For one, you may be running many processes (large ones at that) right now, which of course results in a busier processor, which results in more heat. When the RC came you might have just been lightly using it, not giving it much strain. Second, computers have their own built in fan cycle, so perhaps the fan isn't going right now and it's not getting rid of the heat. Best to wait a while for the fans to kick in. The last possibility I can think of is that you should check for and clean dust from the fans' path, because they may be blocked and just rebounding the hot air back in. Also, if you're using a laptop, use it on a solid surface for cooler temperatures. They get much hotter on a bed/sofa/lap. Hope that helps!

Thanks

Actually I was only testing the temperature using my running virus and Windows Defender. Sometimes but rarely, during the testing of both XP and 7 I played a simple game of samegame.exe.

Of course I am concerned about heat and especially when I am doing heavier things.
Jim

You, good sir, are a moron. Next time try to actually answer the person's question and help them. YOU might want to read YOUR post before posting it.

And you, my cerebrally challenged inbred co-member, are an imbecile. His post didn’t make sense, as in one sentence he said that windows 7 ran too hot, and in the next sentence he says it ran cooler. So I WASN'T trying to answer his question, I was trying to make a, not so subtle point, that XP IS THE PAST, AND WIN 7 IS THE HERE AND NOW!
NOW, IF YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME, I WOULD BE GLAD TO MEET YOU IN PERSON AND SETTLE IT!

by the way, do you actually think that the answer you gave him has helped him, einstein? that is the stuff of a simpleton. stick to your daytime cubicle job.

Last edited:
With the newer multi thread processors Win 7 uses 17% less energy... so it should run cooler. It may run even more cooler if you have a more current bios flash.

Tell him what you REALLY think.. haha Sounds like he said something that really stressed you out.

Tell him what you REALLY think.. haha Sounds like he said something that really stressed you out.
no, sorry if it seemed that way. actually you guys read it differently than i meant it. but master chief raised my temp a few points until i read his profile and found out he is just a kid, so that explained it. not stressed, it's all good.

And you, my cerebrally challenged inbred co-member, are an imbecile. His post didn’t make sense, as in one sentence he said that windows 7 ran too hot, and in the next sentence he says it ran cooler. So I WASN'T trying to answer his question, I was trying to make a, not so subtle point, that XP IS THE PAST, AND WIN 7 IS THE HERE AND NOW!
NOW, IF YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME, I WOULD BE GLAD TO MEET YOU IN PERSON AND SETTLE IT!

by the way, do you actually think that the answer you gave him has helped him, einstein? that is the stuff of a simpleton. stick to your daytime cubicle job.

Why are you so upset?
You appear ready to fight because you dislike xp and love win 7 ???

Is any of this stuff so important to risk a stroke and heart attack over?

first, you should read my post above (#8), to you. then you should understand the situation. before i knew master cheif was a kid, yes, i wanted to kick his little ass, after being called a moron, and a twat. it had nothing to do with xp or 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back