Is it True?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy09

is this true that when SP1 is released of windows 7, this will happen:

--- You won't be able to run Windows Updates
--- After SP1 is released the crack will be recognized and you will have a period of 15 days left to activate your copy of windows 7 until you can't log in any more

IS THIS True!?

and also how would we be able to fix this problem? is there cracks, or woudl u just have to install sp1 all over again? i know its like 6 months to go, but i have w7 on 3 PCs and it will be such a hassle-this is why im getting so worried

ok i did but i just want to know if its true.. can anyone help me and tell me?

Last edited:
So you admit that your using cracked (thus illegal) versions of Windows 7? Might I ask why your using a cracked version of Windows 7 when there's absolutely no need to.. The RC is still active until March of 2010 and doesn't require any cracks..

You can't just fix something like this.. The only way to "fix" it (if the claims do indeed turn out to be true) would be to purchase a legal copy of Windows 7. ;)

I have to agree with twdawson though, if your using cracked illegal versions of software then it's your own fault if something like the SP1 claims end up happening.. :) And I wouldn't bother wasting your time asking for a fix (to a cracked illegal version of Windows) on a forum like this because we're certainly not going to help you continue to use something illegal.. ;)

LOL how many discussions have we had here speculating why MS is so calm about all of these cracks and maybe they have something in mind. People making cracks and MS breaking them is just part of business. I guess if you're running cracked software you better quit updating it!
Joe

I'd be curious where Billy found this. With MS being so calm about all of the hacks especially the day after it went RTM maybe it's like the old Disney classic with Tar Baby. The more it gets cracked the more info it gives MS to drop on a fix before the public gets the actual PC preloaded with Windows 7 or their Disc from legit sources. Maybe they held out a just little bit on the Technet versions and similar programs for evaluation too. Since it was susposedly final why didn't MS sell it direct by download to all of the people that can't wait to get it? They could have eliminated the middle man and their only cost would have been extra server time.
Joe

okay, i agree with you, how can i get the RC version? can u send me a link because i have decided that illegal is bad, so i will use the RC version. Links please, because on the website it says it is no longer available? and what is windows 7 RC? does it mean i cannot use it anymore after march 2010 if i install it now?

Last edited:
I just pray for the day that MS come out with a way of making a crack proof version of its software that will stop all this piracy, I cant see it, but i live in hope.

I have the same opinions on movies, tv shows and music. I have movies encoded into itunes but i have the physical media to back it up, i.e paid for.

If you want something then pay for it.

Regards
Thomas

Last edited:
I don't normally contribute to threads discussing cracks, but, in the early Vista stages, Microsoft crippled many pirate users via sneaky updates. One big one was put into SP2. If pirate users wish to contiue to use there installations, best turn off updates, at least temporarily, after the retail release, and/or until the next crack pops up, defeating Microsoft`'s anticrack crack!!

Oh. Sorry. The OP asked for a solution. That was mine (turn off updates). I see he has later asked where he can now download the RC, which you have answered, but maybe can browse for alternatives. And his latter question.
From Microsoft's own pages:
The RC will start asking for an upgrade, and automatically rebooting, in March 2010. At the same time, bi-hourly shutdowns will begin. There will not be a prompt. On June 1, 2010, your temporary license for the RC will expire and the non-genuine experience will activate. That means a black background, and many reminders that you're running non-genuine copy.

Well Drew,
despite his Damascene event that illegal is wrong Billy still does not seem keen to pay for the new software the concept seems foreign to him. If he is so concerned about SP1 he should email Microsoft and ask them about it. They will be delighted to hear about his cracks.

is this true that when SP1 is released of windows 7, this will happen:

--- You won't be able to run Windows Updates
--- After SP1 is released the crack will be recognized and you will have a period of 15 days left to activate your copy of windows 7 until you can't log in any more

IS THIS True!?

and also how would we be able to fix this problem? is there cracks, or woudl u just have to install sp1 all over again? i know its like 6 months to go, but i have w7 on 3 PCs and it will be such a hassle-this is why im getting so worried

It has been already well replied. Yes, most likely 7's SP 1 will detect and disable any working for the moment 7 activation cracks. Then hackers will work it out and you will be able to reactivate 7 and use and update it, until a next critical update or service pack.

Another way to have your 7 activated is to modify your BIOS with the right SLIC data. That way your 7 will stay activated forever. Modifying BIOS is not easy and does not work in all 100 % cases.

Or you can get an image of a licensed 7 installed on the same hardware as yours and apply it to your pc.

License is sure better, but more expensive.

After W7 is released, would you be able to use it for 30 days as trial and re register with that cmd for another 30 days up to 2 times?
Giving a whole 90 days for trial.

Last edited:
The simple fact is that pirates will ALWAYS be able to circumvent Windows activation, they did it with Vista RTM, Vista SP1, Vista SP2 and Windows 7 RTM.
Chances are that the pirates will come up with a crack the day Windows 7 SP1 is released.
Somebody at Microsoft once said something along the lines of:
We're not out to stop every "mad scientist" that wants to hack Windows, our priority is protecting unsuspecting customers from becoming victims of software counterfeiting

So you admit that your using cracked (thus illegal) versions of Windows 7? Might I ask why your using a cracked version of Windows 7 when there's absolutely no need to.. The RC is still active until March of 2010 and doesn't require any cracks..

You can't just fix something like this.. The only way to "fix" it (if the claims do indeed turn out to be true) would be to purchase a legal copy of Windows 7. ;)

I have to agree with twdawson though, if your using cracked illegal versions of software then it's your own fault if something like the SP1 claims end up happening.. :) And I wouldn't bother wasting your time asking for a fix (to a cracked illegal version of Windows) on a forum like this because we're certainly not going to help you continue to use something illegal.. ;)
Wow, I didn't expect such an arrogant answer from you Radenight. :\

Anyways @Original Poster: I bet a new crack/fix will be made in time. Don't worry.

I just pray for the day that MS come out with a way of making a crack proof version of its software that will stop all this piracy, I cant see it, but i live in hope.

I have the same opinions on movies, tv shows and music. I have movies encoded into itunes but i have the physical media to back it up, i.e paid for.

If you want something then pay for it.

Regards
Thomas

How true although that utopia would have to include bug free games that run to the max potential...not just sloppy console ports etc...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back