Is My System Capable Enough to Run Windows 7 ?

Is system capable enough to run windows 7 Home Premium ?

My system Specs are -

CPU - Intel E5200
Motherboard - DG31PR
Ram - 2GB

I mainly use my desktop for web browsing and playing media files thats all. Will my system become slow after installing W7?

Any other tips,advice on upgrading will be also helpful

Hi dwolf, try with the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor application (Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows), it will scan your PC and tell you in detail what you need to upgrade in order to run Windows 7 smoothly.
It appears though you satisfy the mimum requirements both for a 32- and a 64-bit Windows 7 install.

Thanks!

OK. I ran that, it said my system is capable enough to run windows 7 but had to get the latest driver for my LAN card.

Can you tell form my system specs whether it will run windows 7 slow or run smoothly? The upgrade advisor did not say that.

Well, I can tell you that I am currently running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit on a VM with about 1 GB of RAM and 1 core of an i5 CPU. It takes a few minutes for Windows to load but after that it runs pretty smoothly. I think you should be OK.

Ok thank you! that helped a lot

Yes Windows 7 will run fine on your setup. I have Windows 7 Home Premium running on a Celeron E1200 with 2GB memory. That is a dual core Celeron CPU running at 1.6 GHz, probably half the performance of a Pentium E5200. Intel has driver support for your DG31PR Motherboard listed as well.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.