Windows 7 Issue with various compilers failing to rebuild executable

David Duefrene

No matter what compiler I elect to use (I have tried codeblocks, bloodshed dev C++, visual studio c++ express 2005, visual studio 2008 & 2010 and eclipe [java]) when i attempt to rebuild a project after executing it once, it will link and compile, but and error will appear stating that the compiler could not open the executable to re-write it.

I have already attempted the following:
** I have no Antivirus running (windows has a warning stating it).
** I have no firewall running (windows also has a warning about it).
** I have checked process explorer and no Antivirus or firewall is running.
** I have checked process explorer and no other process is attempting to use that executable. (the program terminates from process explorer at the same time it stops running in command prompt)
** I have followed all necessary instruction to make sure cygwin was removed from my computer.
** My program will compile & run without any errors (it does this to any code i try to compile, even hello world [so it isn't a coding error]
**doubt its a compiler error because it happens with c++ and java [same problem from command line too).
** doubt its an ide problem as this happens with multiple ide

I am going to take a guess and say I either a have a rogue av or firewall (*cough* Windows Defender *cough*) issue that I can not seem to track down and shut down or windows keeps accessing the project directory (process explorer did show a process name "system" was accessing that project directory).
**Yes I am the admin for the computer, and the only account on it.

Any assistance is much appreciated, I really don't want to dual boot linux just to develop programs.

Every suggestion I had was cancelled out when I read what you've already attempted.

Here's a few things I would consider or accomplish next:

1) Ensure to uninstall all of your compilers. Maybe an isolated event disturbed the applications.
2) Ensure that your script is hand coded and try to compile that. Potentially the source of the code is damaged. (I am not sure how you are loading or importing the code.)
3) Go in regedit and check to see what applications are starting up with the Operating System. Consider trimming any redundancies.
4) Have you ever been able to compile code? If so, when were you suddenly unable to, and what changed prior to that event?

Every suggestion I had was cancelled out when I read what you've already attempted.

Here's a few things I would consider or accomplish next:

1) Ensure to uninstall all of your compilers. Maybe an isolated event disturbed the applications.
2) Ensure that your script is hand coded and try to compile that. Potentially the source of the code is damaged. (I am not sure how you are loading or importing the code.)
3) Go in regedit and check to see what applications are starting up with the Operating System. Consider trimming any redundancies.
4) Have you ever been able to compile code? If so, when were you suddenly unable to, and what changed prior to that event?

1) ok uninstalling the compilers now.
2) I tried a hand coded hello world script and same thing.
3) Just cleaned that out and no dice, still happening
4) Yes, when I first compile the code it will compile, after I run the compiled exe and then attempt to re-compile is when it says it does not have permission, even if I am rebuilding the exact same code.

4) Yes, when I first compile the code it will compile, after I run the compiled exe and then attempt to re-compile is when it says it does not have permission, even if I am rebuilding the exact same code.

What is the exact error message/phrase? Is it a windows operating system error or a compiler error? Have you ever been able to successfully recompile?

What is the exact error message/phrase? Is it a windows operating system error or a compiler error? Have you ever been able to successfully recompile?

cannot open output file bin\Debug\info_tracker.exe Permission denied
is the exact error message, it will show up in the compiler, an yes I can usally recompile it, if I open up the folder in windows explorer, the exe will eventually disappear and I can recompile.

Back
Top Bottom