Windows 7 Issue with wireless keyboard 6000 V2 mouse only

heicron

Greetings,

I have a Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 6000 V2 which includes the Laser 6000 mouse. After installing Windows 8 Pro the mouse and keyboard center software that was installed does not show a configuration module for the mouse.
I only have the standard mouse settings available through the mouse tab in control panel.
When I open the printers and devices tab in control panel the mouse and keyboard icons appear for each respective device. When I right click on the mouse icon to change settings there appears a mouse and keyboard tab that says: "click here to change mouse settings". When I do, it opens the mouse and keyboard center but there is only a keyboard configuration, nothing for the mouse.
I deleted the software for the keyboard center and reinstalled but no change. The mouse support site has a Windows 7 driver but Windows 8 will not install that driver.
This mouse and keyboard works fine on the Win-7 system and worked fine on the Win-8 PR.
Is there a solution for this issue?

Thanks,

Heicron

Hi Heicron,

have you tried right clicking the win 7 driver and changing the compatibility to windows 7? I have to do this for a printer driver otherwise I lose some functionality.

Thanks Kemical,

I had to uninstall the current version of mouse and keyboard center. After that the mouse driver in Win 7 compatibility mode installed and functional as it should be.
A bug in the current version maybe???

Thank you,

Heicron

Back
Top Bottom