"It Was Like Whoosh"

cybercore

Link Removed - Invalid URL
Cincinnati police investigated the scene of an accident Monday in which a Carthage woman had her arm severed.

The 18-year-old red Dodge Caravan the 36-year-old Carthage woman had plopped $600 down for about six months ago was nothing but trouble.

So when a recent attempt to put a fuel pump in it didn't work, Foster made the decision to scrap it for some cash at a nearby junkyard.

But that plan went freakishly off course when her arm, which was wrapped around a tow rope that was dragging her car to the junkyard, landed on the floorboard of the van Monday afternoon.

Ice may have saved the severed arm, her friends and family said Tuesday.

Foster was sitting in the passenger seat while Melinda Adamski, 28, sat behind the wheel Monday as Adamski's boyfriend Clifton Hoover, 30, used his Dodge pickup to tow the van. A braided rope that went around the windshield of the van was tied to the tow bar of Hoover's truck as it pulled the van along Fairpark Avenue to the U Pull N Pay on Seymour Avenue.

Then the unthinkable - the thing that neither Adamski nor Hoover can shake from their heads - happened.

The rope snapped and the recoil from the rope severed Foster arm.

"It was like whoosh. It was the blink of an eye and it was gone," Adamski said. "It was the craziest thing I have ever seen in my whole life."

Adamski admits she flipped out at the sight of the arm. She raced from the van in search of someone with a cell phone as her boyfriend raced into his house for ice and towels.

He too was quite shaken by the ordeal.

"I was freaking out. It was a freak accident."

Foster had surgery Monday to re-attach her arm, which was cut off below the elbow, said her sister-in-law, Suzanne Foster of Norwood. She said it was too soon to tell how much function Helen Foster will regain but that they were told it wasn't too promising.

"She just cannot believe what happened," Suzanne Foster said.

Adamski admits she's squeamish about visiting her friend in the hospital.

"I'm scared to death," Adamski said. "I hope when I see it, I don't get that picture in my head of (her arm) the way it was."

More "It Was Like Whoosh"

Jeez that is bad ! I would have prefered if it was not , " Like Whoosh ! " :shocked:

No I understand :) Just such a sad thing to happen to that poor woman ! Kinda makes you worry in an off hand kinda way = Oops !

Oh Phewy, I was about to think you took it personally.

Not at all . Just if you are at all superstitious it could be a cause for concern . I am not superstitous so no worries there . Just do not step on the cracks :p

Back