Items in windows media player disappear

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by chitafito, Apr 2, 2010.

1. chitafito

chitafito New Member

When I'm organizing the windows media player library and add a new library folder in the music library it appears in windows media player and I can see it under "folders" in the library. The problem is that when I close windows media player and opens it again the folders that have been updated in the library disappear and only one folder appears out of 15, and I cannot see them and I have to update the music library again. How can I keep the updating that it will not disappear?
    Thank you.

2. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

For clarification:
    You add files to the library, but the next time you open Windows Media Player, the files are no longer in the library?

3. chitafito

chitafito New Member

yes. exactly.

4. Mitchell_A

You manually add them?
    Try this:
    Fixing When Windows Media Player Library Won’t Let You Add Files - How-To Geek
    It's for Vista but should work for Windows 7 as well.

Alternatively, you can set-up the library yourself so that Windows Media Player will automatically add your files to your library.
    To do this
    Press ALT in the main Media player Window>>File>>Manage Libraries>>Music.
    Here you can add and remove folders that will be automatically synchronized, note that it sometimes "takes it's time" putting the files in your library, but overall works well.

5. chitafito

chitafito New Member

I tried the guide on How-To Geek, but I didn't find the database files on the mentioned folder on my computer.

I didn't add the folder manualy (how can I do it?), I added them through the library that add them but remove them after I close the media player and open it again.One folder is stuck on the media player and I can not remove it, but 15 other folders appears and after I restart the media player disappear.

6. chitafito

chitafito New Member

Thank you. I fixed the problem by the How-To Geek guide' I tracked the files and deleted them and it fixed the problem.

7. Mitchell_A

Glad to have been of assistance. :)
    Thanks for using the forums, hope to see you around.