Windows 7 It's taking too long to do an "Unlock Wokstation"

almeidag

Hi all,

I have a brand new laptop with windows 7 in 32 bits. This is a corporate laptop, so I have 2 other collegues with equal laptops (and equal operating systems) who don't have my problem.

Here's the steps I'm taking:
1- When I'm working, sometimes I want to go somewhere, so I press Ctrl + Alt + Del and choose to lock my laptop;
2- When I return, I press Ctrl + Alt + Del again, type my password and then I have to wait about 20 to 25 seconds before the computer unlocks.

As you can imagine, this is really annoying.
I tried to input the wrong password to see what would happen, and it still took about 20 to 25 seconds to tell me the password was wrong.

I'd like to know if someone already experienced this problem or has a rough idea were the problem may be.

Some additional info: I'm using a domain account (my company's domain) to logon and I'm not connected to that domain. I tried connecting to my company's domain but the problem still persists (it doesn't take 20 to 25 seconds, but it takes about 15 seconds).

I managed to figure out the problem. I had stopped the Authentec Fingerprint Service because I didn't want that stupid fingerprint reader active.
After I turned it back on, this problem stopped hapenning.

Back
Top Bottom