Windows Vista iTunes 9.0.1

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Apple has released a new Version 9.0.1 of the iTunes software. This version resolves several issues and improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.

Apple has released a new Version 9.0.1 of the iTunes software. This version resolves several issues and improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.

Just got iPod Touch and iTunes is NOT recognizing it or syching or anything...keeps giving me errors and freezing iTunes...

I did a clean wipe and installed iTunes 2 days ago so I know I have the latest version...even restored my iPod to factory settings (even though it was brand new) and nothing works...

HELP!?!?!

Hi,
try this support page from apple:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Thanks Kemical, but unfortunatley, that doesn't seem to help...my problem isn't with iTunes freezing (it only freezes once trying to synch the iTouch which it can't...not freezing in general) and whatnot, it simply doesn't want to recognize the iTouch :( I appreciate the suggestion though! :)

Sorry 'bout that.. Hmm...
Try this one:

I'll see what else I can find..

Another which 'might' help:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
I just put it through the compatibility centre (see screenshot) and it says it should be fine (the download on offer is the latest itunes 9.0 Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now)

What about security? Are you running any extra security that could be blocking the iTouch? See if windows firewall is also blocking it (you may need to click on 'allow a program or feature through the firewall' (see screenshot)

i have the iPod touch 3rd gen i believe (it's listed on apple's website as iPod Touch 64GB (late 2009) ) and i'm running windows 7 64bit...would that change things?

unfortunately i'm at work right now so i can't check those settings, but definitely will once i get home! and as for security, i run AVG for my antivirus...

i just can't believe that it wouldn't work and i think there must be something i'm missing...

Perhaps.... :)

Sometimes it can be the simplest of answers but unless you know the answer it's soooo frustrating..
I'll have another check on google and see if I can find anything more..

Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to research this...hopefully between the two of us we can figure this out! lol

I've been looking through the apple forum and found an FAQ.. I only looked at it briefly but it does look promising..

Back
Top Bottom