Windows 7 Itunes

oliverlebot

Hi ya everyone just wondering if thereis a version of itunes that will install on to windows 7?
thanks

itunes keeps locking up on me, but then again, so do a few things. crappy thing is that i can't even end the process i have to hard boot

... of course 64bit apps won't run on a 32bit windows?
anyways, itunes works great for me so it must be a problem with your pc

um, i meant i'm still using 32bit windows because i have some apps that won't run under a 64bit environment. and, i found the problem, norton360 v3 beta

When I plug my ipod into my computer itunes no longer automatically loads. I have to open it separately. Is this a common occurrence with you guys??

Edit: I made sure I have the box checked in itunes that asks if I want to open iTunes when the ipod is connected.

When I plug my ipod into my computer itunes no longer automatically loads. I have to open it separately. Is this a common occurrence with you guys??

Edit: I made sure I have the box checked in itunes that asks if I want to open iTunes when the ipod is connected.
did you ever re-install the ipod drivers? when the ipod is connected, go to your device manager and delete it. then pull the usb plug and plug it in again. windows should install the drivers afterwards, maybe that helps.

Itunes locking up

I am having the same issues as describe. To start out , I have downloaded and un/reinstalled itunes several times. I made sure that i have the 64 bit version of itunes and made sure that it was not installing to the x86 folder. Itunes appears to be working fine but as soon as i try and copy music to my ipod by dragging the songs over , Itunes locks up. If itunes decideds that i will start resonding it acts like I didn't move anything and the ipod is still empty. Just extra info I noticed that before it would have a progress bar at the top saying "copying x of y" , now it just says do not disconnect, then that goes away and and the arrows around the ipod show up like its processing. Then nothing. during that whole time Itunes is complely unresponsive. To all of those that ar not having problems, grats , but any ideas on how to help with this issue would be appreciated. Edit , forgot to add i did go to the device manager to remove the usb devices and restart windows.

Last edited:
I am using the most current and up to date Itunes with no problem at all.

So am I, I think we are looking for solutions for the people that are having a locking up issue that are using the latest version of Itunes. And again I think its wonderful that you are not having any problems with this, but some of use are not so lucky.

So am I, I think we are looking for solutions for the people that are having a locking up issue that are using the latest version of Itunes. And again I think its wonderful that you are not having any problems with this, but some of use are not so lucky.
Sorry, not trying to rub it in.

I'm having identical problems, Bluegambit. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Thanks. I'm getting so frustrated here. Atleast someone knows im not crazy and have gone beyond making sure i un/reistalled the correct software.
More info on what I have been trying to do. When connecting the ipod, windows automatically pops up a window trying to figure out what you want to do with it. It lists the drive as drive f: . But when I actually go to the computer section to click on it like all other storage drives , the drive is not there. It shows in itunes and the in the device manager, but does not show as a device I can click on like I would a thumb drive. I have used multiple other usb divices to test all the usb ports and they are working fine. I know widows detects it because the window does pop up as soon as its pluged in makes the connection sound, but if I don't click anything it automatically goes away.

I am still getting "the required disk cannot be found" error. I found this link from other discussions: Link Removed - Invalid URL

I ran that and now after I restore the ipod, rather than getting the disc issue i get "ipod could not be restored. an unknown error occured (1418)"

Then if I try it again it just goes back to disc cannot be found. I have tried this ipod on othere systems since I got this message and it loads just fine so I know the ipod is not bad. unfortunatly all othere systems were xp and 32 bit.

I even tried the hold the + volume button tho try and get windows to reinstall the device, but it wont. get cant find disc errrors there as well.

EDIT: WHILE the Error 1418 was still open in itunes, I could See drive F: and access it and read the bootex file. as soon as I closed that error the drive disappears again.

Last edited:
The iTunes software has been running fine for me but for some reason when I plug my iPod into the computer it has to reinstall the device everytime and the installation will fail if the screen isn't lit up.

i tried using media monkey but no luck for me i put the ipod in disk mode and still no it connects to the computer for about 30 seconds then disconnects do you guys think the new build 7201 will fix this issue??? since they are updating drivers and such...

Back
Top Bottom