Windows 7 Itunes

Very Similar Itunes Auto-Fire Problem

Hi Guys
Even I am having the exact similar problem where after installing windows 7 RC the itunes doesnt fire up automatically when i manually open it up it would show the iphone as usual no errors or issues then but everytime i connect the iphone3g i have to do it manually:frown:
I have already reinstalled itnues (last week) checked the options in prefs its all good for it to fire up and also the itunes diagnostics still no change.:(
Is there a solution to this one? or could you guys advise of any further steps of troubleshooting?

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

I was expecitng some change with the new itunes but still the same i have got a build 7100 on W7 when plug it in no change itunes doesnt fire up but when i manually do so it detects the iphone in there.somebody please suggest a solution on this

Hi Guys
Even I am having the exact similar problem where after installing windows 7 RC the itunes doesnt fire up automatically when i manually open it up it would show the iphone as usual no errors or issues then but everytime i connect the iphone3g i have to do it manually:frown:
I have already reinstalled itnues (last week) checked the options in prefs its all good for it to fire up and also the itunes diagnostics still no change.:(
Is there a solution to this one? or could you guys advise of any further steps of troubleshooting?

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

May have to wait for iTunes for a fix. But as long as you're able to use the software, everything should be fine. I'm using iTunes on Windows 7 64-bit and everything works perfectly, aside from the fact that I have to manually open iTunes when my iTouch is connected.

fix for itunes and ipod touch sync problems

I just updated my ipod Touch to 3.0 and suddenly itunes stopped syncing with it. I found a fix that works for me.

1) In Itunes under "help" click for check for updates and get the new mobile Me. this should fix it.
- You can also search for the latest version of the Mobile Me and download it.

2) You can also click " run diagnostic" which is under "help". That checks for the problem and has some solutions.

rmcnaugh...

I just updated my ipod Touch to 3.0 and suddenly itunes stopped syncing with it. I found a fix that works for me.

1) In Itunes under "help" click for check for updates and get the new mobile Me. this should fix it.
- You can also search for the latest version of the Mobile Me and download it.

2) You can also click " run diagnostic" which is under "help". That checks for the problem and has some solutions.

rmcnaugh...

Thanks for the info. :)

Also I found out that if an iphone that is normally used on a mac is connected to my itunes, after it is disconnected, itunes does not recognize my ipod touch. I've had to reinstall itunes a few times because of this. So if friends come over and want to get songs, tell them to bring a usb stick. If they need to charge their iphone..sorry out of luck.

rmcnaugh...

Last edited:
I tried to install Windows 7 Home premium on my laptop yesterday, but it stopped installing and reported, among other things, that Itunes was not compatible and had to be uninstalled. Itunes version is 9.0.1.8.

I am having a problem with my photos with iTunes and Windows 7. I have some photos in the public library as well as my pictures dir. I want to Sync of them but it won't let you choose the Library Photos folder. You can only select one dir from what I see. If someone could please help me.

I am having a problem with my photos with iTunes and Windows 7. I have some photos in the public library as well as my pictures dir. I want to Sync of them but it won't let you choose the Library Photos folder. You can only select one dir from what I see. If someone could please help me.
progress.gif
Link Removed due to 404 Error

I tried to install Windows 7 Home premium on my laptop yesterday, but it stopped installing and reported, among other things, that Itunes was not compatible and had to be uninstalled. Itunes version is 9.0.1.8.

OK, so then what? Did you re-install iTunes? What happened to your music? I have Not installed Win 7 yet, but Windows 7 Home Premium is literally in the mail and I will probably have it tomorrow. I have over 2000 songs on iTunes and I don't want to lose them, or my playlists.:( Here's the deal: Win 7 will be enormously popular. iTunes already is. A rational person would assume that both Apple and MS would have anticipated this event and tried to do everything possible to make this a pleasurable and seamless transition for their mutual customers. Right?:rolleyes:

I did run the MS Win 7 compatibility tool and it said I should uninstall iTunes and it can be reinstalled later. So my Q is: What happens to my music? This has to be a very, very common issue. Someone must have a clear-cut answer? Anyone, please?:)

Use motherboard USB

I had this problem yesaterday and read that one of the things to try is to use only a direct motherboard USB port - typically on the back of your PC. I moved my cable back there and it all sync'd and worked great this morning: Win 7 Premium 64-bit and iTunes 9.0.2.

djcwardog, Not having gotten a reply, I went ahead and uninstalled iTunes then upgraded to 32 bit Win 7 Home Premium. It went off with out a hitch, and my music was all preserved right where it was supposed to be. I did run "easy transfer' first. All is cool. but thanks.

Itunes and Windows 7

I am running both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 Home premium on 2 different computers.
The 64 bit installed with no problems.
The 32 bit hangs right at the end when writing the start menu entries.
I've tried reinstalling several times to no avail.
Anybody got any ideas?

elecman2
No I don't. I'd try another thread here, not specifically related to iTunes on this question. I do have a suggestion for Bill Gates, but you can't print it on a family forum.:mad: It would have to do with providing real-time free decent support for his products.:rolleyes:

I did a clean install of windows 7. Went to itunes and downloaded the fresh verison. I had my music backed up so I wasn't to worried about restoring my music. Guess what, went I opened itunes my music was there with all of my playlist. I think it had something to do with being registered with Gennius.

Installing iTunes on Windows 7 64-bit

I have recently purchased a new unit that was preloaded with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS. I have not been able to install any of the current iTunes versions. I get the following message:

"THIS INSTALLATION PACKAGE COULD NOT BE OPENED. VERIFY THAT THE PACKAGE EXISTS AND THAT YOU CAN ACCESS IT, OR CONTACT THE APPLICATION VENDOR TO VERIFY THAT THIS IS A VALID WINDOWS INSTALLER PACKAGE."

Can anyone tell me what this means and how I can fix the issue to get any version of iTunes installed?

Back