Japan earthquake: Dog leads rescuers to injured companion

cybercore

Amid the devastation in tsunami-hit Japan, video footage has emerged capturing the forlorn sight of a spaniel attempting to draw rescuers' attention to its injured canine companion in the country's Ibaraki Prefecture.

article-1300365213928-0B37B18F00000578-975342_466x276.jpg

Canine blog Life With Dogs uploaded the footage to YouTube after receiving it from Japanese reporters who had filmed it in a coastal area of tsunami wreckage.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

'That dog is a better person than most humans. Loyalty is the best word to use when you describe a dog. Truly, man's best friend is a well-deserved title,' commented one viewer.

'Why can't we humans show the same kind of loyalty and compassion?' said another.

According to posts on various social networking sites, the two dogs in the video have both since been rescued and are being looked after at an animal shelter.

The Japanese voiceover in the clip roughly translates as: 'We are in Arahama area. Looks like there is a dog... he looks tired and dirty.

'He has a silver collar. He is shaking. He seems very afraid. Oh, there is another dog. I wonder if he is dead... he is not moving. I wonder if he is alright.

'The dog is protecting him... I can't watch this. This is a very difficult to watch.

'Oh. Look. He is moving. He is alive. I am so happy to see that he is alive.
Yes! Yes! He is alive. He looks to be weakened. We need to them to be rescued soon.

'It is amazing how they survived the tremendous earthquake and tsunami. It's just amazing that they survived through this all.'

Video: Dog stays by injured companion in Japan tsunami wreckage

More Japan earthquake: Dog leads rescuers to injured companion

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom