Windows 7 Japanese processors to rival US?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Not content with the American domination of the CPU industry, seven of Japan's dominant processor designers and manufacturers have teamed up to create a revolutionary new microprocessor. The coalition is led by the NEC and Renesas merger, which makes them world's third largest chipmaker. Joining them is Hitachi, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Panasonic and Canon. A dizzying crowd of electronic giants, indeed.

To read the full article go here:
Seven Samurai chipmakers set to take on Intel

Intel should be afraid , very afraid . When Japan sets it's collective mind on a project it tends to go well for Japan .
They have pretty much dominated every sphere they have got involved in :eek: !!!

Yup, they are very good at copying stuff and making better versions..

I don't think so, making chips requires huge money and efforts. The Japanese will at best reach the level of ASUS, buying others' chips and making them better.

I think the Japanese will definitely give Intel a run for their money.. ;) I agree with Whoosh in that when the Japanese put their mind to something they usually (though there are exceptions to everything) dominate it.. ;)

Either way, it will be interesting to see what products come out of this little battle if nothing else.. ;)

Either way, it will be interesting to see what products come out of this little battle if nothing else..

Exactly! Hopefully we, the end user, will reap the rewards of such a battle.. One only has to look at the recent graphic card price wars for comparison. The consumer totally benefitted from Nvidia and ATI both having great products...Bring it on, I say....:cool:

Japanese Consortium

Their aim is to go "Green" with an energy savings of up to 30 percent. Each company is to produce a model of their very own. The final result is to be a computer capable of running solar powered. Everything is to be in place by 2012. (Does this mean I can put my notebook in the window ??)

I've heard of notebooks that can run on energy produced by a hand cracking device. They've already been giving those out to the 3RD world. I don't know who makes um ?

Back
Top Bottom