Java Plug in Crashes

My java plug in is constantly crashing when i am playing games, in particular Runescape. It gives no error message. Sometimes the screen freezes, sometimes turns all black or all white. I have tried updating to the most current version, Java 6 update 17. I have tried using firefox, chrome, i.e.(32 and 64 bit), and even the standalone application. It makes no difference. The crashes become more frequent as I continue playing. (5 minutes when i start, then gets as bad as 30 sec.)
If I am playing in the standalone application, my browser frequently crashes along with the game.
75% of the time a refresh will fix this problem for a few minutes, but sometimes i need to restart the browser.

One other thing, in the bottom right corner of my taskbar, it will show multiple java icons running. If i hover over them with my mouse, all but one dissappears.

My specs are: Windows 7 professional 64 bit 6.01.7600. AMD dual core 3.0 processor, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT video card.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I am not sure, but I believe some java utilities will not work with a x64 version of IE. There is a no add-on version of IE, have you tried that (and I do not know if your java is an add-on or not)?

Yes, my java is an add-on, so it will not even load in the no add on internet explorer.

Does anybody have any other ideas? This problem is really starting to annoy me.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.