Windows 7 Jerking Motion During Gaming

rockonfender

Hey guys.
I've been having some issues with games (Mass Effect 2 and Call of Duty 4) jerking around a lot during gameplay. I've updated my graphics drivers and for the hell of it i updated turbo boost and my sound card drivers. I've also uninstalled a crapload of unnecessary software and disabled some services with no luck. I also noticed that Directx 11 is installed and I'm not completely convinced that my card supports it.

My system specs are
Dell Studio 1558
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i5 2.40 Ghz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

What can I do to fix this problem?

Hi and welcome.

No, your card does not support DX11. It is however, an integral part of the Windows 7 OS. No matter which video solution you have, dxdiag will show DX11. This is normal. (Only 5xxx from ATI support DX11 and NVIDIA's Fermi line too.)

Let's have a look at the system, shall we? You can type msinfo32 in the start menu then hit enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Then zip the saved file. Attach the zip to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in advanced mode reply. Hopefully we will see a few things needing attention and possibly fix this up.

Everything looks good to be honest.

There is one thing that is slightly unusual to me. For that reason alone, it could be causing some issue, but obviously I can't really say for a fact. It's the STMicroElectronics Accelerometer along with its InstallFilterService.exe. You could try uninstalling that and rebooting to see how it goes.

Maybe a good scan with Malwarebytes will find some things to remove.

Other than that, make sure the hard drive is defragmented well.

You can use MSI Afterburner or ATI Tray Tools to slightly overclock the video card which may help out, especially if you're playing at a high res.

Your graphics solution isn't all too great for gaming. The reason this is, is mainly because of the fact it only has a 64 bit bus width for the memory. Even on my AGP card (HIS Radeon 3850 - special card you can see in specs) - I have a 256 bit memory bus width. What I'm saying is that you might have to lower the resolution of games to play well.

If you'd like to compare to see, here is a screenshot of my AGP card in GPU-Z. You can also download GPU-Z to see the differences and why it may not be playing so well as you'd expect:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 655
ok well i bumped down the resolution after uninstalling the Accelerometer and running malwarebytes and the lower res is the only thing i can find that will work. i installed ati tray tools but with my cards specs what kind of overclocking should i be limiting myself to. (I've never overclocked anything before so this is completely new territory.)

Also is it possible for me to purchase a new card to put in my laptop or would that not be a good idea for a package system like this?

Hey guys.
I've been having some issues with games (Mass Effect 2 and Call of Duty 4) jerking around a lot during gameplay. I've updated my graphics drivers and for the hell of it i updated turbo boost and my sound card drivers. I've also uninstalled a crapload of unnecessary software and disabled some services with no luck. I also noticed that Directx 11 is installed and I'm not completely convinced that my card supports it.

My system specs are
Dell Studio 1558
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i5 2.40 Ghz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

What can I do to fix this problem?

Further reading and excellent guides: TweakGuides.com - Gamer's Graphics & Display Settings Guide

A few things to try: Defrag your HDD, try this free app as it's miles better than the default one:
Download Auslogics Disk Defrag for free

Try upping your page file as this can add a few FPS at times-See the screenshot (although ignore my figures as they relay to my machine and yours will have different readings)-Try changing to the figure recommended..

not going to cut it!

cpu only 2.4
available physical ram 2.6gig - I wonder what eats the rest?
let alone the graphics card is good for 2D gaming.

Dell is designed to be a office machine not gaming especially in this price class!

Back