Windows 7 Jittery mousepad

Wilf

Hi

I installed 7 a few days ago. I've got everything running fine, except the mouse pad on my laptop has become quite jittery. If I click anything the pointer tends to shoot off in a random direction.

I'm pretty sure this problem can be remedied with a driver, as on Vista the mouse was fine.

Can someone help me find the right driver?

Thanks,

Wilf

It's a Hi-Grade Notino D7000SRA - quite an obscure laptop. I don't know what model touchpad I have. Downloading a synaptics driver didn't seem to do much.

Thanks

I had a quick look and if you go to this page here:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Click on 'Drivers' (written underneath a hand holding a DVD) and you'll be directed to a 'ftp' page. Follow the instructions on the top of the page which are to click on 'page' and then 'open ftp site in windows explorer'. You'll then see the page shown in the screen shot. Then it's just a case of finding which drivers are actually yours... I've ringed some likely suspects and inside they do contain vista drivers which should be ok for now.. If you find the driver isn't working try installing it under compatibility mode..

Thanks for pointing me over there - but unfortunately the driver hasn't helped. In fact, after the restart my mouse was even harder to use - although that's probably not as a result of installing the driver.

The driver (which is a synaptics one) doesn't seem to think I even have a touchpad - it says it's a mouse plugged into a ps2 port - I don't have a ps2 port.

I still have my old Vista install on a separate partition. Is there a way of finding the configuration I had if I boot into Vista?

Thanks

Wilf

Actually, since writing that post my mouse has been behaving itself - perhaps the driver has started working. I'll come back if it acts up again.

Thanks!

Wilf

I take it back, the mouse still shoots off all over the place. I read somewhere once that this is caused by a static build-up.

Back