Jump Lists, Folders and Desktop Toolbars.

Hello, I have a question regarding jump lists, folders and toolbars.

Is there any way to pin a folder to the taskbar without it going through the explore jump list?
I want to click on my pined folder and open a window of that folder much like a quick launch but I also want to be able to hover over the pined folder and have a jump list of the folders content.

I know in XP I could make a folder on the desktop and put items in that folder and then drag it to the edge of my desktop it would snap into a toolbar. Is that any way to do this, this would be a good alternation if the above doesn't work?

Thank you.

No, but if you are desperate you can try looking at this Taskbar - Pin or Unpin a Folder - Windows 7 Forums it tells you how to turn a toolbar into an icon on your toolbar that opens a folder, but you wont have jump lists. Alternativley, you can just use toolbars, right click the taskbar, click toolbars, new toolbar, choose a folder and then it will appear on the taskbar as text, you can also navigate through folders via. the taskbar.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.