Windows 7 Jumping taskbar problem

littlemaple

Hello, I have a problem with the new taskbar in Windows 7. I have installed Windows and then I installed a lot of programs, so I can't recognize if something else than system does it, but let's say I have quite known and legal programs installed, so they should not to do this problem.

Screencast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvWtO-114I

Problem: When I have some programs open, their representive icons on taskbar time to time jump over themselves and when this happens, I loose focus of my window. Everything blinks in that moment. It seems that the problem is right in the GUI, because it happens also

• when I don't touch my computer at all
  • when I do something that changes look of windows in a radical way
  • when I disable all effects and Aero (look & feel like the old times of W98)
  • when I try to kill every non-windows process and disable as much programs as it's possible
  • when I look into settings... no settings of taskbar help (with combining or without, it doesn't matter at all)
It's very disturbing and let's say, it's nearly not possible to fluently work with that at all. Normally I have my taskbar at the left side, but it doesn't matter, at the bottom side it does right the same thing. Icons jump without any special order, they just reorder how they want :) . No relevant items in eventlog. No autoruns that would seem to cause this.

I suspect this is caused by a real bug in Windows 7, but I have no idea how to report it to Microsoft.

Thanks a lot for any ideas...!

I think whats happening is.. lets say that on a horizontal taskbar anything that is opened like explorer will appear in the bottom left hand corner...but...it will appear after the icons which are already present. If you look at my screenshot you'll see the open explorer icon on the taskbar.. Now lets say we've tilted the taskbar up 180 degrees like the way you have it..
The open explorer icon (see screeshot) is still appearing in the same place but in your film you keep moving it to the top or extreme left. Now this is fine until you open a new window, which at the point it will appear in it's usual place again...

Hey, I am sorry I'm "late", I was quite ill for some days. I don't think the problem is caused by the position of my taskbar. As I wrote, the same problem happens if I have my taskbar at the traditional, bottom place. I tried it many times, no change.

Yes I agree it has nothing to do with the position of the task bar...

If you notice that when you open something it appears on the taskbar.Eventually you then move it to either the top or extreme left (depending on the position of the taskbar) This is fine until you open something else, which it will at that point, jump back to the open position again. I did see the icon jumping a little but I guess this is due to a buggy nature and future builds/patches may improve this..

Back