Windows 7 Just a simple question

RefuseAmen

Hey,
I plan to do a fresh install to 7 from Vista Home Premium. I have a 1TB HD and 2 smaller ones. Can I copy the contents of the smaller 2 to the 1TB HD, unplug it, install 7 then plug the 1TB HD back in with all my files still in tact or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Wrong forum, sorry.

Last edited:
Solution
Now I think about it, I was more looking to copy my Steam/installed games folder over and the usual music, pictures etc. to the TB HD. Would that still have the same result?

Tbh I REALLY need to read up more about this sort of thing.

Cheers again!

As the old saying goes... Remember to pillage and plunder BEFORE you burn.

Install to a clean hard drive... THEN copy any backed up info. Win 7 can format a hard drive before an install... so there is no need to risk it. You will have no problem copying your personal files and photos from another drive.
Your file may be intact, but they would run because there are no references to the registry to them.

Answer is no.

Now I think about it, I was more looking to copy my Steam/installed games folder over and the usual music, pictures etc. to the TB HD. Would that still have the same result?

Cheers again!

Cheers again!

As the old saying goes... Remember to pillage and plunder BEFORE you burn.

Install to a clean hard drive... THEN copy any backed up info. Win 7 can format a hard drive before an install... so there is no need to risk it. You will have no problem copying your personal files and photos from another drive.

Solution
Back