Windows 7 Just a small question about windows 7 gaming on a slower system

highrider

Hello there,

My systems specs are basically as follows:

Athlon 64 3500+
1 GB RAM
8600 GTS 256 MB

I'd like to use win 7 to make use of direct x 10 since win xp lacks the support and generally play games like F.E.A.R 2 and Modern warfare.

Do you think I would be able to play these games w/o problems with better graphics and about the same speed in Win 7 (or some kind of Gamer edition like ARC) ?

Help me here please guys, I dont want to format my system for nothing!

Sure;

Epox 9NPA+ Ultra mobo (nForce 4)

AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz 3500+

1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS (256 MB)

200 GB SATA 7200 rpm HD

Awaiting your reply!

You can put W7 on a machine at that level however I see your biggest problem being the amount of memory that you have. Your EPOX mb will support 4 G of Ram and you will want at least 2 Gig of ram for the machine to run decently.

I would bring the machine up to 4 Gig and load the W7. You should be fine.

I have W7 running on a Netbook with 1G and a couple of lappies with 2G of Ram (Dell D810 - Intel / Gateway 7422Gx Athlon 64 ) and it runs fine. Now the Gateway is running 64 bit and only has 1.5 G ram and I would not try to game on it. Ubuntu runs better and the D810 has a 2Ghz processor and is decent but these are lappies.

At least you still have the option to upgrade your MB! @-)

Eunix

Thanks for the feedback!

Since I am on a tight budget, I guess I can only upgrade the RAM but Epox mobo can accomodate an X2 dual core athlon processor maybe I should focus on that as my next upgrade.

Out of curiosity, would I really notice an incredible difference in terms of visuals between DX9 and DX10 while playing DX10 supported games such as Modern Warfare 2 etc.. ??

Back
Top Bottom