Windows 7 Kaspersky AVP Error

rray6

I recently upgraded my system from Vista to Win 7 Ultimate (clean install). I updated my Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 to version 9.0.0.736 (latest) and everything was working fine until today when I started getting an avp.exe application error every time I restart the computer saying "the instruction at 0x6dc4e769 referenced memory at 0x000000000. The memory could not be read". When I click close, I think KIS closes because I can't find it in the task bar. I have restarted a number of times and keep getting this error. Does anyone know about it and what to do about it? I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. Any help will be appreciated.

rray6

I downloaded KAV Removal tool and (hopefully)completely uninstalled KIS (my subscription runs out in 60 days). What else would you recommend to complete my protection? I see my Windows Firewall is back on.

Thanks. Running MSE now and so far, so good. Definitely a smaller footprint. Although I know this seems to covers virus, spyware, etc, amd I covered for most everything or should I get any additional spy or malware?

Thanks. Running MSE now and so far, so good. Definitely a smaller footprint. Although I know this seems to covers virus, spyware, etc, amd I covered for most everything or should I get any additional spy or malware?

Watch what you allow to run ...where your applications come from. Be suspicious of email attachments and cute little dancing bears cards and such.

As for malware... check out Startupmonitor.. it will alert you when something is trying to load automatically at bootup.

Look in your Scheduled Tasks and see if anything is set to run there that isn't from microsoft.

Windows Defender automatically scans for malware also.

And as already mentioned Windows Security Essentials is good... updated some with normal windows updates so definitions stay current. There isn't' much need for any third party applications anymore.

Back