Windows 10 KB3201845 issues

brkkab

Excellent Member
Is anyone else having issues with Windows 10 update KB3201845 that Microsoft released yesterday?
I've tried downloading and installing it over 20 times now.
Windows Update either downloads it and says it isn't signed properly or it supposedly installs it. Then I click on restart pc and it fails the install repeatedly and rolls my pc back.
NICE MICROSOFT ANOTHER BUGGY WINDOWS 10 UPDATE.

No issues over here. Update history says it's was successfully updated yesterday 12/09. But honestly it doesn't look like it's a critical update or anything significant really. Here's a list of what was in the update.

• Improved the reliability of mobile device management (MDM) disenrollment, Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM), Peripheral Component Interface and PowerShell.
  • Addressed issue that causes excessive battery drain if you have a Chinese Input Method Editor installed and use Windows Hello to log in.
  • Addressed issue with OLE drag and drop that prevents users from downloading a SharePoint document library as a file.
  • Addressed issue with Super Floppy-formatted fixed media devices that are not recognized by Windows 10 Anniversary Update or accessible in Windows Explorer.
  • Addressed issue that causes the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) client to fail installation when a device is re-imaged using the SCCM task sequence.
  • Addressed issue that causes the loss of optional component (OC) state information, including all Hyper-V virtual machines, after upgrade.
  • Addressed issue that causes Windows Explorer to display information that’s inconsistent with what’s stored on the Floppy disk.
  • Addressed issue that, after connecting a shared CD/DVD-hosted drive with no media inserted, causes some of the commands, like DIR and NET USE, to hang.
  • Addressed issue where customers cannot use directory cache sizes greater than 64 KB.
  • Addressed issue where Windows Explorer sometimes does not prompt for credentials when a user logs on using a Microsoft account.
  • Addressed additional issues with application compatibility and Internet Explorer

Upload your windows update log. In WX you need to first export it with powershell Get-WindowsUpdateLog -Path $env:$Userprofile\desktop\WU.txt

WU.PNG
That didn't work. I even went as far as uninstalling Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free, Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 and running their removal tools in Safe Mode. Running Autoruns to get rid off any missed Malwarebytes and Bitdefnder stuff. I then removed both's keys from the registry, restarted my pc and the update still fails to install.
Your command didn't work in PowerShell.
Here's screenshots of everything.
PowerShell.PNG
WU.PNG
WU.PNG
WU2.PNG

Hi brkkab,
Just checked 1 of my 2 licensed machines with v1607. My Sony laptop, v1607 b14393.479, installed no problem on 12/9/2016 no problem.:cool2: Haven't looked at my Dell desktop PC, but I'll look at that one and see if it went ok and post back and let you know.

Hope that helps! Do you have a 2nd computer with v1607 you can compare it to?

Cheers!:sta2r:
<<<BBJ>>>

That command still doesn't work in PowerShell. I'm really beyond sick of Windows 10. Over 30 clean installs of it on this pc. I'm pretty much through with any future Microsoft o.s.'es. Seems to me, they laid off the wrong people and have no clue what the heck they're doing anymore.

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 last Friday. Not doing another one anytime soon.

Ill double check the command when i get home. Its usually not a windows issue when an update won't install

I've had Windows Update state the update isn't signed properly numerous time. Definite Windows 10 issue. Out of all the failed installs it's only gotten far enough to tell me to restart my pc 3 or 4 times. Then it goes through the Getting Windows Ready, restarts the pc and then say's the updater couldn't install.

From my experience, Windows 10 has been buggy since the very first non-called Service Pack anymore in November 2015.
I've had issues with my old pc and this new pc, which I built in July.
The old pc, I'm not messing with until next month. I'm selling it and my old monitor next month. The only thing I'm doing with it is a new dvd-rw install (old one needs paperclip for door to open), wipe the mechanical hdd, so nobody can retrieve any of my personal files off it and a clean install of 10. Then it's getting sold.

It's failing to save the file to my desktop. I've got Windows on a ssd and my personal files on a hdd. My personal files (Contacts, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Links, Pictures, Saved Games and Videos were all moved to it through my user file on the left side of the start menu.
I'm trying a trick at the moment to see if it fixes it. I've got the Media Creation Tool making a newer Windows 10 flash drive. When it's done, I'm going to try a upgrade install and see if it fixes things.

OK, the upgrade install just finished about 5 minutes ago. I ran Windows Update until none were found. I also had the upgrade install check for updates during the install. I didn't see the problematic update listed as a update, so I don't know if I have it or not. My current version of Windows 10 Pro x64 is version 16.07 os build 14393.479.

Have you any idea what made you needed a clean install? Was there anything special installed? Or is it an old PC with special drivers? I really wonder....

Sounds like you just frustrated and decided to nuke it, lol. I've been there many a times. I just didn't want to spend the time researching how to fix an issue and just went with the sledge hammer of fixes lol.

No, actually when I did the upgrade install it nuked my EasyDuplicateFinder key. PC isn't old at all I just built it in July. Only thing that changed before the update was I got a new keyboard & mouse.

Back