Windows 7 Keyboard language

NotImpressed

Hi.
I have Win 7 installed on a laptop with a standard English (United States)-US keyboard.
As I need to use other languages, I installed the English (United States) United States-International keyboard.
Until recently it was working fine, but for the past week or so, some of the keys started behaving strangely: When I press any of them, the selected character shows twice, ex: when I press the `~ key, it shows either `` or ~~. I can always delete the extra symbol, but the key combination `+a, or '+e, or '+c, etc don't work.
At the moment I'm using the standard US keyboard, and when I need any of the affected symbols, I use ANSI codes.
Question: I there any way to repair/re-install the affected language file?
Thanks
Jose

try a system restore to a day or so before the problem started if it still happens try another keyboard if this fixes the problem it was either an corrupt driver or faulty keyboard to make sure it was only an corrupt driver plug the old keyboard back in if the problem persists it definitely an faulty keyboard

Hi.
A system restore may be the only way to go.
Before, I tried an external USB keyboard, and the problem persists.
Thanks anyway.
Jose

1. You have set the keyboard layout incorrectly. Go to control panel, regional options and set the keyboard layout to match your keyboard.
Also, check the system tray for the language bar. If you see some two letters there like EN or FR try clicking it and choosing another language.

2. Do you have any keyboard hookers installed like Autohotkey? It might be remapping your key strokes.

3. Did someone recently spill coffee or soda on the keyboard? You might have shorted some keys. You can open the keyboard by unscrewing the screws, washing the inside rubber and keys and dry with a blow dryer. I've done it for many keyboards. Works.

Last edited:
Back