Keyboard repeat rate doesn't stick

Help!

I have this annoying problem, seems each time I turn the computer on my keyboard repeat delay and repeat rate has reverted to something slow, i just need to open the control panel and close it again and they work as expected (the sliders are at the max position where I left them, even though it doesn't work)

Any ideas?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Have you tried reversing what you did initially? Also check for malware and driver updates.

Have you tried reversing what you did initially? Also check for malware and driver updates.
What? Reverse what?

And I just reinstalled it, so I doubt anything got past.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
What? Reverse what?

And I just reinstalled it, so I doubt anything got past.
Apologies. I'd assumed because you mentioned that you had left the 'sliders in the max position' you had changed settings.

I also see that you just reinstalled windows, may I ask if your drivers and bios are the latest versions?

Apologies. I'd assumed because you mentioned that you had left the 'sliders in the max position' you had changed settings.
Well, I suppose you could say I have changed them from the install default. I move to them max. And all is fine. Then the next day its not. As if the information isn't written to permanent storage, only temporary.

I also see that you just reinstalled windows, may I ask if your drivers and bios are the latest versions?
No idea. I assumed Windows takes care of that (or tells me if its missing something). Also since its Windows not remembering a setting in Windows, it would seem to be Windows related and not driver related.

Last edited:

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Windows will only tell you up to a point.. Sometimes it will actually need a driver to 'see' a device. To best help you further you could you please list your machine name, make and model.
Also which copy of 7 are you using?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.