Windows 7 keyboard repeat rate

juffin

hello everyone.

i wanted to know, is there a way to increase the key repeat rate beyond the normal setting?

in keyboard you can adjust it to as fast as it can go, but there is still a 250ms delay, according to microsoft.com

is there anyway to edit this in the CMD box so its 0ms? im trying to get the keys to move as fast as they can.. the arrow keys in particualar.

thanks for reading :)

You could take a look at windows 7 - Keyboard - Repeat Rate/Repeat Delay values in Win7 - Super User and the last answer there, by ctype.h + the reply by Appenzeller:

============================================================================

"...try[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response] instead. Try the following settings which activate so-called filter keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response]"AutoRepeatDelay"="200"
"AutoRepeatRate"="6""DelayBeforeAcceptance"="0"
"Flags"="59"
Flags has to be 59, other values are in ms. Needs logout or restart to activate. Experiment as you wish, though I found AutoRepeatDelay less than 200 generating unneeded repeats. I tested XP Home and Prof, as well as Windows 7 64 bit, and it worked excellently.

Original values, just in case of trouble, are:
"AutoRepeatDelay"="1000"
"AutoRepeatRate"="500"
"DelayBeforeAcceptance"="1000"
"Flags"="126"

============================================================================

At least my keyboard went nuts... So, type regedit in the Windows search box, in the Start menu, or in Run, by opening it, then look for the right values, right click the name, left click to Modify, and change the value. Don't know how far it can be pressed, I'm going back to my normal values. BUT ALWAYS BE CAREFUL when you mess with the registry.

Last edited:
Back