Windows 7 lag in windows 7 RTM

toaderina107

Hey all, I have the Windows 7 RTM 64 bit Enterprise Edition installed on a separate partition of my hard drive, with Vista 64bit on another. I notice that occasionally windows 7 lags for me in places that Vista does not, and it has been discouraging me from running windows7 because Vista just runs better. I mainly notice the lag when typing and using the mouse to click things. There is often a slight delay before the computer responds to my click/keystroke. This mainly happens in google chrome while browsing the internet, but it has also happened to me in microsoft word 2007 and at the log in screen for windows 7 (where I type my password). I really like windows 7, but if this cannot be fixed, I would consider not buying when it comes out, becuase I have no issues with vista.

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 RTM / OEM / Retail (Final)
Computer Type: HP Pavilion Elite m9250f
Processor: Intel Core2Quad @ 2.66Ghz
Motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600GT 512 MB
Memory: 4GB
Hard Drive: 1 TB(2 x 500) SATA 3G @ 7200rpm
Network Adapter: Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
Monitor: HP w1907
Optical Drives: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive
Onboard Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
Mouse & Keyboard: HP wireless keyboard & mouse

I have updated my video card to the latest Nvidia driver on their website, and that hasnt seemed to fix anything. If anyone has any suggestions for drivers I should look into, or solutions to this problem please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

I have a similiar problem as well, I already made a thread about it, but I lag only in certain programs.
Everything else is running smooth, but I noticed you lag in Google Chrome as well, I lag there too, along with Divx player (web and desktop player), MSN (which forced me to downoad Pidgin to even log in), Quicktime player, and possibly other programs I have yet to use.

My computer is also custom built and only 3 months old, with updated bios and everything.

Don't meant to double post, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Back