Windows 7 Laggy/stuttering Games

woeisme

I am playing some fairly new games and they keep lagging at parts and jumping/stuttering.

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 OC to 3.0GHz
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
Board: Msi G41
Graphics: MSI R6850 1GB 256Bit Cyclone Power OC Edition
Storage: 500GB Western Digital Green 32mb cache
Power: 450Watt PSU

I have the latest drivers for my components and graphics card.

I am playing games such as Skyrim for example and the settings are not even on full yet it looks amazing and runs great but every few seconds it skips a little bit and its very annoying. It does this with almost every game that i play. I know my card is decent so i don't think it is that. Other games that i play: World Of Warcraft, FIFA 08-12, Need For Speed The Run, Saints Row: The Third.

Is it possible that the WD Green Hard drive is not fast enough for gaming and as a primary system drive? Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Woeisme,

thanks for posting your specs. Could you list the maker of the PSU and it's amperage? The reason I ask is that although the GPU you have will run off a 450W, any overclocking or a slightly more powerful version of a 6850 could take it over the edge:

Here is Guru3D's power supply recommendation on the Radeon HD 6800 series:
•Radeon HD 6850 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 450 Watt power supply unit.
•Radeon HD 6870 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit.

If you are going to overclock CPU or GPU, then we do recommend that you purchase something with some more stamina.

Reference:

HIS Radeon 6850 ICEQ X Turbo review

Back
Top Bottom