Language Bar Disappear

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Gil80, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Gil80

Gil80 Senior Member

Language Bar Disappear - Solved

I've seen somewhere that in order to restore the language bar there's the CTFMON.EXE that should be added to the registry.

However, ever since I have windows 7, I never saw the CTFMON loading in windows start-up and there was no problem with the language bar. How come?
    Is there a way to restore the language bar without adding the CTFMON to the start-up?

#1 Gil80, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. Gil80

Gil80 Senior Member

I solved it when I went into the Task Manager -> Microsoft ->Windows -> TaskServicesFramework and I enabled it.

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

4. Gil80

Gil80 Senior Member

I know how to change the input language. The problem was that I already had the language bar in the task bar but it disappeared and nothing I did make it appear again. Anyways, I managed. Thanks a lot.

5. tblount

tblount New Member

Humm.... I just told someone today in private email how to get their language icon back. I think there is another method... is this a language icon for your keyboard? How many language options are there?

6. Gil80

Gil80 Senior Member

I have two languages. My keyboard is US and HE (Hebrew). I don't have the CTFMON running in order to see the language icon in the task bar. It has to do with Task Manager -> Microsoft ->Windows -> TaskServicesFramework(in Windows 7).