Windows 7 Language pack

kyssäkaali

Hi, I'm trying to install the finnish language pack on my laptop which has windows 7 on it, which was purchases just today. The interface is currently in english. However whenever I run the .exe it prompts me if I want to allow it, and when I do it doesn't seem to do anything, and when I go to the regional and language option under control panel there is no option besides changing the keyboard language. Help? Maybe somebody could just give step-by-step instructions on how to change the interface from english to finnish and i can start all over? Thank you

Hi, I'm trying to install the finnish language pack on my laptop which has windows 7 on it, which was purchases just today. The interface is currently in english. However whenever I run the .exe it prompts me if I want to allow it, and when I do it doesn't seem to do anything, and when I go to the regional and language option under control panel there is no option besides changing the keyboard language. Help? Maybe somebody could just give step-by-step instructions on how to change the interface from english to finnish and i can start all over? Thank you
If you have double clicked the executeable for the language pack and let the process complete, and trust me it takes a long time, but after it's done, you will briefly see the words "Completed" and then everything, including the lp.cab file that it builds during this process, go away. Now open control panel->Region and Language->Keyboards and Languages Tab. In the middle where it says "Choose a dispaly language" hit the drop down arrow and your language selection should be there, I think it says something like "suomi"

Are you running a "home" release of Windows 7. The Microsoft alternative language is not available in those editiions.

But otherwise, you should have been offered , in Automatice upadtes, the whole string of international language, MUI files.
To install one of these (They include the Finnish language) open the Control Panel (icon view) and navigate to "Region and Language"-" Keyboards and language" tab. If you have the option, you should see, in the middle the box "Install/Uninstall Languages" Click this and, in the next window, "Install display languages" Just follow on the instructions from there. Windows will automatically find the language pack. Accept the EULA and Install the Language Pack. This will take some timee. When it has finished, you’ll be asked if you want to switch to the installed language pack.

Vistalizator - change display language in Windows Vista and Windows 7.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RAK is quite right, MUI's cannot be installed on 7 Home Premium, they are available for 7 Ultimate version only.

Windows 7: Compare Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate

How to easily download and install Windows 7 Language Packs (MUI packs) | Windows 7 Center

If you need to install MUI on a non-Ultimate version of Windows 7, use Vistalizator.

Thank you everyone for your help. Yes, I have windows 7 home premium. So far I am not liking it. But I will try this vistalizator thing and see if it works. Thank you again;)

Back