Windows 7 Laptop Cannot Search Router on Channel 13.. Help =)

sam961

Hello,
I had analyzed the network near my house and found many networks working on channel 1,6,11.... my router supports channel 13 ...
I changed it to 13 and tried to connect my laptop...but the problem it cannot find the router in the range...However i used another laptop and it found the router.
So help me how to configure my wireless card on that laptop to support channel 13... I have entered on the Wireless network adapter
and cannot find anything related to "Channel " that i can change it.
Thank u,

Your best bet would probably be to determine the capabilities of your wireless adapter in the problem laptop. Some wireless adapters simply do not support channels 12 or 13.
Perhaps a support call or trouble ticket to the laptop manufacturer might provide some insight or perhaps the card manufacturer's website might have some information regarding its' capabilities.

Thank you for the Reply
What makes me crazy is the working laptop has a range values of the channel between 1 and 11 ...so it doesnt support channel 13 .However it can detects the router.The other Pc is not detecting it , and there is no Ad Hoc channel option in the Wireless Interface Properties.
I guess that might work if this option is added manually in the Registry.But i don't know how this can be Done

Thx

I was waiting to see if anyone else mentioned the available channels. For Instance, possibly if you were in a country that did support channels above 11 and you have a wireless adapter from North America, it might not. If that were the case, maybe a firmware update from your country would help.

It seems to all be related to regions. If both your wireless products (router and wireless adapter) were made exclusively for a European market then they would both most likely support channels 12 and 13 in addition to 1 thru 11. But in your case it's likely that your laptop and or it's hardware components were manufacturered to be sold on a world wide mark (world wide including countries that don't allow the use of channels 12 and 13) like here in the U.S.

Back