Windows 7 Latest build upgrade

Good question.
I think the only way is formating your windows 7 partition and installing the newer build, but I haven't tried it myself yet.
Nilsb7/PACMAN

found this in the forum hope it helps :)

Hi.
Yesterday I read (either in this forum or somewhere else, maybe in a torrents site) how to make the installation of Windows 7 build 7100 RC allow the upgrade from a beta.
Now I need it and I can't find it...
Thanks

Found it (sorry)

To upgrade from beta you need to:

- Extract the .iso contents to a storage location you wish to run the upgrade from (a bootable flash drive
or a directory on any partition on the machine running the old build).
- Browse to the sources directory.
- Open the file cversion.ini in a text editor like Notepad.
- Modify the MinClient build number to a value lower than the down-level build. For example, change 7100 to 7000.
- Save the file in place with the same name.
- Run setup.exe like you would normally and the version check will be bypassed.

Last edited by mehrlicht : He posted the above just passing it on :)

How can I upgrade my Windows 7, to the latest build (7106 ?)

Windows 7106 is not the latest build . 7077 was the latest build now replaced by windows 7100 .

Last edited:
And why exactly would you want to upgrade to a higher build? are there big changes? like say from 7000 to the latest.
And can I keep all my programs and stuff?
Nilsb7/PACMAN

huh? xp mode? I don't get it.
whats xp mode? Can you give me a link or some screenshots?
and isnt build 7100 a beta to?

btw, I have the original beta from windows 7 build 7000 installed.
Nilsb7/PACMAN

huh? xp mode? I don't get it.
whats xp mode? Can you give me a link or some screenshots?
and isnt build 7100 a beta to?

btw, I have the original beta from windows 7 build 7000 installed.
Nilsb7/PACMAN

There is a link in my above post hope that helps you out on the query :)

There is a link in my above post hope that helps you out on the query :)

Oh stupid me...
But what are the changes between 7000 and 7100?
Is build 7100 the RTM version? I thought there are only betas yet o_O

I is confused :s

Ahaa, yes it helped. Thank you. I am now downloading it ^^

But still what are the main changes between 7000 and 7100 or am I just wasting time while upgrading?

Ahaa, yes it helped. Thank you. I am now downloading it ^^

But still what are the main changes between 7000 and 7100 or am I just wasting time while upgrading?

No its not a waste of time the RC is very good and 7000 is now a fairly old beta . It is of course up to you but the new 7100 RC is fast and stable at least so far as I can tell . Being the release candidate it is more or less the finished article .

If you prefer though you can keep with 7000 :) In the end it comes down too what you want to do update or wait for the RTM .

Good luck :)

allright thank you ^^
and I can just install this build as you wrote in one of your previous posts without deleting/formating anything from the 7000 build I got installed, right?

allright thank you ^^
and I can just install this build as you wrote in one of your previous posts without deleting/formating anything from the 7000 build I got installed, right?

A clean install is always best . If you really want to do an upgrade it should work but make sure you check the forum, for any issues you may encounter . I always clean install so I cannot be 100% certain you would not run into problems along the way .Link Removed due to 404 Error

Good luck with your install if you decide what is best for you . I would not like to see you have any problems so as I said please make sure to get as much help as possible b4 reaching you decision :)

Hmmm, I think it should work... why else do they go trough the trouble of changing the MinClient build number? =]
I'm gonna try it! :D
and I'll post if it worked/or not ^^
Nilsb7/PACMAN

Last edited:
I did an upgrade just to see it works and it did. I went from 7077 with no problems and no messing about with the Minclient number thing. I am looking forward to seeing what this XP mode is like. There is no sign of it with 7100 yet so I assume it will be downloadable in May.

I did an upgrade just to see it works and it did. I went from 7077 with no problems and no messing about with the Minclient number thing. I am looking forward to seeing what this XP mode is like. There is no sign of it with 7100 yet so I assume it will be downloadable in May.

Great stuff well done and yes I think you are right about when it will be available . :)

Hi.
Yesterday I read (either in this forum or somewhere else, maybe in a torrents site) how to make the installation of Windows 7 build 7100 RC allow the upgrade from a beta.
Now I need it and I can't find it...
Thanks

Found it (sorry)

To upgrade from beta you need to:

- Extract the .iso contents to a storage location you wish to run the upgrade from (a bootable flash drive
or a directory on any partition on the machine running the old build).
- Browse to the sources directory.
- Open the file cversion.ini in a text editor like Notepad.
- Modify the MinClient build number to a value lower than the down-level build. For example, change 7100 to 7000.
- Save the file in place with the same name.
- Run setup.exe like you would normally and the version check will be bypassed.

Last edited by mehrlicht : He posted the above just passing it on

The compatibility check failed one more time lol, I use build 7057 and want to upgrade to 7100

Build 7106 CVERSION.INI editing

I was informed that I can upgrade my build 7000 to the 7106 by editing the CVERSION.INI file in the SOURCES folder.
Yet the file shows: MiniClient value : 7000.0.
So I cannot changing this value to a lower one for upgrading. Can I still use it as it is and upgrade my 7000 to 7106 without having to re-install all the programs again ?

I was informed that I can upgrade my build 7000 to the 7106 by editing the CVERSION.INI file in the SOURCES folder.
Yet the file shows: MiniClient value : 7000.0.
So I cannot changing this value to a lower one for upgrading. Can I still use it as it is and upgrade my 7000 to 7106 without having to re-install all the programs again ?

uhm I think you already said the answer yourself.
Change the value to ANYTHING lower than 7000 and it should work. I guess.
I did the same thing 5 minutes ago and I'm now backing up my data but I'll tell you if it worked.
btw. I'm upgrading from build 7000 to build 7100.
Nilsb7/PACMAN

I succesfully updated my windows 7 build 7000 to windows 7 build 7100 without any problems!
The only thing I did was changing the minclient number to 6999.9
It took me about 2 hours to update.
Everything seems to respond a lot faster when like opening the start menu and apps, but I did not find any other changes (yet).
I'll let you know when I find new ones.
Nilsb7/PACMAN

Last edited:
Back