legacy

Peterr

Fantastic Member
should windows legacy features be on or off in windows 10 default?

I had to copy from the title to the body to paste as typing in the message body did not work, I use Chrome.

" I had to copy from the title to the body to paste as typing in the message body did not work, I use Chrome. "

are you referring to copy/paste text (unable to type) here in windowsforum.com? because i occasionally experience that issue myself … happens across all browsers. i also noticed, logging in today, my avatar would not appear in top-right corner. once i chose "stay logged in" … the problems disappeared. perhaps with regard to using the website's secure-server (https) protocol.

are you referring to copy/paste text (unable to type) here in windowsforum.com? because i occasionally experience that issue myself … happens across all browsers. i also noticed, logging in today, my avatar would not appear in top-right corner. once i chose "stay logged in" … the problems disappeared. perhaps with regard to using the website's secure-server (https) protocol.

>>I couldn't even type in the message body itself that is why I am replying this way. The cursor does not want to appear in the message body.
Obviously there are problems I hope the admin can fix as I like the forum but cannot use it.
I have Windows 10 Pro and am using Chrome and Edge.

>>I couldn't even type in the message body itself that is why I am replying this way. The cursor does not want to appear in the message body.
Obviously there are problems I hope the admin can fix as I like the forum but cannot use it.
I have Windows 10 Pro and a
When I just clicked post the message got all scrambled and I am trying to fix it.

I have Windows 10 Pro and a
When I just clicked post the message got all scrambled and I am trying to fix it.
Now I got an 8 second warning. When I click reply many posts appear with no choice to send.

I typed five times with too many issues to mention so I am going to leave now and hope this goes through.
Everything keeps disappearing.

" I typed five times with too many issues to mention so I am going to leave now and hope this goes through. Everything keeps disappearing. "

peterr … thanks for your diligence 'n patience … your reply(s) did come through. have you tried choosing "stay logged in" option when logging in? thanks.
Desktop5_50perc.png

It is a common error being experienced by many, using Google Chrome and Edge. Hopefully a fix will come along as an update.

An easy solution is to use IE, but, when you outline a portion of something you want to copy, right click it an a small drop down Black box will appear. Click "reply" and the portion you have outlined will be transferred automatically to your post.

Well as far as the website is concerned, if there is a certain amount of inactivity, even if you choose the "Stay logged in" function, sometimes it will expire. This is especially true, apparently, if we reboot the entire database and web server, update it, or if you make your changes on your end, particularly deleting browser cookies. If this is a continuous problem, please let me know, especially if others are experiencing it, as I do not see any vast majority of people experiencing it myself, although I could be entirely wrong, and something is severely messed up. As far as I can tell, things are up and running without much incident, although I could be.. hmm.. completely wrong (?)

Fait comment.
I use Google search engine, typing "cannot copy and paste with edge" in the search bar, immediately shows ten addresses where the same problem is, or was, being experienced. More pages follow.
However, I had a peer, who was experiencing the problem. Frustration led me to a page which outlined a method of totally cleaning out the (possible) errors on the computer. It worked for me.

This is not a long process, but must be followed right through.
Right click the start icon and select Command prompt (Admin)

Now.
Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Also run the System File Checker utility:
Open Start, type: CMD
Right click CMD
Click Run as administrator
At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow

Fait comment.
I use Google search engine, typing "cannot copy and paste with edge" in the search bar, immediately shows ten addresses where the same problem is, or was, being experienced. More pages follow.
However, I had a peer, who was experiencing the problem. Frustration led me to a page which outlined a method of totally cleaning out the (possible) errors on the computer. It worked for me.

This is not a long process, but must be followed right through.
Right click the start icon and select Command prompt (Admin)

Now.
Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Also run the System File Checker utility:
Open Start, type: CMD
Right click CMD
Click Run as administrator
At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow

>>This is the only place where I am having trouble.

1st, I did not have a message body to write in so I clicked post to open one up.
I always leave the box checked regarding signing in.
My machine has no issues anywhere else and I had just run SFC with integrity but did run the DSM commands.
My original question was,"Should Legacy, in Window 10, be checked or not?" You find it in control panel>>programs and features >upper left>turn Windows features on or off.
My original issue here was not copy and paste; that was the solution. The problem was, after composing a message and clicking reply, all would disappear, hence the need to retype then click edit and copy and paste.
Emails lose a lot of meaning compared to talk.
The reply worked but I did have to click reply 1st to get in and open a body message.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom