Windows 7 Libraries, Documents

LarryLaser

Does Any one know anything about the Libraries setting, Control or Bugs??

I can not get the Documents part of the libraries to function. :(
All fo the others are working normally, Media files from all my computers on my network are accessable from the media libraries, but the Documents Libraries link is dead. When I click on the Documents Category link in the Libraries I get no reaction at all.

Any Ideas where or how to find the problem?? :confused:

This system.
Lenovo 3000 n100, Intel C2Duo T2060 1.6 GHz, 2 Gig Mem, 200 Gig HDD (3 Partitions, This OS 2nd part)
Windows 7 7000beta x86, MS Office Pro 2007, Comodo CIS v3.5.57173.439, WinRAR 3.80, FireFox 3.0.5, SysInternals Latest Release, K-Lite Codec w/ MPC Homecinema.

Maybe the destination folder is gone?
Try this:
Right click on the "Documents" library, choose "properties" (the bottom option in the right-click menu, anyway). There, check the library locations.

If you can't access the context menu either, go to C:\Users\*Your name*\ and see if the "My Documents" folder exists. That's the folder the "Documents" library links to by default.

If all of this doesn't work, right-click "Libraries" and choose "Restore default libraries".

I'm sorry if I got some of the item names wrong, but I don't use an English version.

Maybe the destination folder is gone?
Try this:
Right click on the "Documents" library, choose "properties" (the bottom option in the right-click menu, anyway). There, check the library locations.

If you can't access the context menu either, go to C:\Users\*Your name*\ and see if the "My Documents" folder exists. That's the folder the "Documents" library links to by default.

If all of this doesn't work, right-click "Libraries" and choose "Restore default libraries".

I'm sorry if I got some of the item names wrong, but I don't use an English version.
Hello "kharmapolizei"
Thank you for your quick response, :D
But. I have already tried these options you suggested, (some notes in the Help files) "right click" Documents>Properties gives a pop-up from "Desktop"= "Properties for this item are not available.", (Why Desktop referral??) and none of them have worked. No mater what Restore option I try the Documents section (Category) of the Libraries File Page still provides no options, even the library location button (in the upper-right corner of the view pane does not show up). :mad:.
I just can't figure out what to do.

Any other Ideas??

Have you checked whether the C:\Users\*Your Username~\Documents folder exists and if yes, if you have full access to it?

Libraries config.

Hey "kharmapolizei"
Yep, all the proper folder's exist in the proper places. I did a Registry Scan looking for any differences in the settings, and I found some thing that is strange, The same reg key on 2 different type of installs are different, not sure why yet.
One install is from a previous O.S. version, and the other is from Boot Mode. Neither are updates, but fresh installs.

Back
Top Bottom