libreoffice sequence

Peterr

Fantastic Member
How do I install libreoffice to replace all of my MS office Words files without losing data. I was told not to edit libre before transitioning.
This seems to be the steps to convert but I don't know where to do this>Tools>options>>load and save>general>bottom = always save as & drop down to .DOC
I think there are a couple of tricky steps involved in the sequence so could you please tell me:
1-
2-

Thank you for your cooperation.

Uninstall MS office, install Libre (order doesn't really matter to much as you can associate files to libre after) there are no special steps. Installing/uninstalling doesn't do anything to data.

Uninstall MS office, install Libre (order doesn't really matter to much as you can associate files to libre after) there are no special steps. Installing/uninstalling doesn't do anything to data.

>>I use Chrome and cannot type on an open post so am replying. The cursor does not appear on the open post area.
As I understand, although I have a all of MS Word files, I just uninstall MS and I think all becomes Wordpad.
I then install LibreOffice and the files will become open source until I use the steps above so the default is .DOC?<<

I apologize for the redundancy and other posting errors. I am now using Edge instead of Chrome hoping to undo some of the damage I did with Chrome.

Last edited:
If you install Libre office it should take over the file associations if not you can configure them in the 'Default Apps' section in system settings.

I apologize for the redundancy and other posting errors. I am now using Edge instead of Chrome hoping to undo some of the damage I did with Chrome.
Off-topic, but are you experiencing lag on the site?

No, but the last couple days I was seeing cloud flare cache pages with 5XX errors from the site.

Alos the reply dialog at times has been greyed out and conversations haven't been working

Yep....me too. Right at this minute.....when you click on the members name next to their post....it does absolutely nothing.

Back